According to the New York City Fire Department, of the 103 people with reported injuries none of them has life threatening wounds.
"The question is why didn't the train operator stop before the bumping block", Cuomo said.
Bridge said she has a very bad headache and feels nauseous after smacking her head into the seat in front of her. "We were fortunate. I don't believe there was anyone in the room (that was struck)". About 24 people had minor injuries following the crash.
The last Long Island Rail Road accident was in October about 20 miles outside of Manhattan at the New Hyde Park station.
"When we got here a lot of people had fallen because the train actually went through the final bumper and went through a small room in the area at the end of the track", Donoghue told NBC New York.
Why did South Korea slap Qualcomm with a record $850M fine?
The company similarly appealed a 273 billion won ($225 million at the current exchange rate) that it had received in 2009. The KFTC began its investigations into Qualcomm's practices in 2014 following complaints from unnamed companies.
"All I heard was bang - that's it", she said, as reported by Reuters. "A few people were crying and calling their loved ones".
A man told CNN affiliate WCBS-TV he thought the train was going its regular speed but didn't stop.
Explaining why it was hard to pinpoint exactly how many people were injured, Cuomo added: "They were standing and they were getting ready to get off the train". "But, you know, hopefully everything is fine, pray to god that everything is fine". The Federal Railroad Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are part of that probe.
One woman riding the train told news reporters outside the station that the sudden impact of the derailment caused havoc inside her rail auto.
The first three carriages of the 12-car train derailed about half a mile east of the New Hyde Park station.
March 2004: In what an LIRR spokesman called a "freak accident", a runaway train became unhinged from the train cars it was attached to and rolled down the track, plowing into cars and seriously injuring four people. The crash is drawing comparisons to September's train crash in the nearby Hoboken Terminal in New Jersey, which killed one person and injured more than 100 others.
- This taste of Tony Romo is everything Jerry Jones wanted
- Facebook and Google Dominate "Top Smartphone Apps of 2016" List
- Is Azealia Banks Sacrificing Chickens In Her Closet?
- Judge orders evaluation of Dylann Roof before sentencing
- AIADMK general council resolves to work under Sasikala' leadership
- This Uber Driver Saved A Teenage Girl From A Sex Trafficking Ring
- Heavier storm coming to South Bay by Saturday afternoon, forecasters say
- Ben Affleck Hedges on Directing Batman Solo Movie
- Is Microsoft working on a Xbox One-like feature for PC?
- Coolpad to step up premium smartphone play