As for the new tracking changes that came with the "Pokemon Go" update, it is believed that the new moves have been introduced for a special reason.
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.53.1 for Android and 1.23.1 for iOS devices.
Niantic has tried to lure fans back through seasonal events, the introduction of new Pokemon such as Ditto, and, as Heavy explained, the removal of the oh-so-common Pidgey and Rattata from the available creatures that can hatch from 2km eggs. As for the total mileage accumulated by users, a video upload by Niantic last month suggests that players have covered more than 4.5 billion miles or 8.7 billion kilometers.
Pokemon Go pulled over $950 million in consumer spending before the end of 2016 according to Gamasutra, with $800 million of that happening within 110 days of release. Today's update nerfs that previous function, and it will likely also affect walking with your buddy as well as hatching eggs.
"Changed distance tracking to better account for Global Positioning System drift".
Nintendo Switch: Arms won't require Joy-Con motion controls to play
Despite Fils-Aime's recent statements, we still don't have official confirmations of a Super Smash Bros . game for the Switch. Each Joy-Con fits naturally in the palm of your hand and has an analog stick that can also be pressed like a button.
GPS Drift is where the satellites tracking your position get a little confused and can't quite work out where you are, which causes your character to jump around or move a little on-screen.
The second bullet point is far more interesting, as Global Positioning System drift has been a significant issue ever since Pokemon Go launched on iOS and Android past year.
Pokemon GO servers appear to be offline and now, it's unclear what is causing the issues with the game, having gone months without a major outage. While the big hitters are increasingly spending huge amounts in advertising to attract new players, Niantic created a game that brought millions of new players into the mobile gaming space.
For one, the winter months in many parts of the world make it oftentimes hard, or even impossible for players to step outside and walk.
- Seoul Court Considers Arrest of Samsung De Facto Head
- Global Leaders to Discuss World's Future, Populism Rise at Davos Economic Forum
- Your baby's favourite chew toy might not be safe
- Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Earns "Sell" Rating from Guggenheim
- Obama defends sanctions imposed on Russian Federation
- Raiders file paperwork for relocation to Las Vegas
- Julio Jones 'ready' for NFC Championship game
- 49ers reportedly plan to offer Falcons' Shanahan head coaching job
- Windows 10 Creators Update 2017 Includes Beam Streaming, Increased Performance And More
- Last man to walk on moon, Gene Cernan, dies