A 70-year-old man who told investigators after robbing a Kansas bank that he'd rather be imprisoned than with his wife has admitted carrying out the holdup.
The bank in question is just a block away from the nearby police station, reported Kansas City.com.
When police officers arrived, Ripple said he was the culprit and was taken into custody.
He pleaded guilty and now faces up to 20 years in the slammer.
Lawrence ripple pleaded guilty Monday to robbing a bank in Kansas City, Kansas, last September.
The geriatric thief told said in a police interview that he had been fighting with his wife and he "no longer wanted to be in that situation".
Falcons WR Julio Jones misses practice Wednesday
The list includes Jones, DT Jonathan Babineaux (shoulder), WR Taylor Gabriel (foot) and S Keanu Neal (foot). There's very little reason to believe Jones will sit out one of the biggest games in Falcons history.
Prosecutors and the defense attorney will determine what sentence they believe is appropriate.
Ripple's sentencing date has not yet been set.
According to court papers: "Ripple wrote out his demand note in front of his wife... and told her he'd rather be in jail than at home". Ripple was charged in September and was released on bond.
Later that day, Ripple was questioned by police and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.
But after grabbing nearly $3,000, Ripple patiently waited in the lobby for police to arrive, telling a guard that he was 'the guy they were looking for'.
- DOJ: Trump hiring Kushner doesn't violate anti-nepotism law
- Women's March Protesters Stopped at U.S. Border, Denied Entry
- Women's March on Main over Trump presidency at Sundance Film Festival
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4 starting at Rs 9999
- Trump To Automakers: "Welcome" To The Dictatorship
- Bengaluru ranked the world's most dynamic city, trumping Silicon Valley and Shanghai
- Pokemon Go grew mobile market by $950m without impacting rivals
- Diego Costa: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says speculation is over
- Super Bowl LI half set following NFC Championship
- Kylie Jenner teases NYC pop-up shop