Hillary Clinton won New Hampshire by about 3,000 votes, but now President Trump says thousands of MA voters were bussed in to the Granite State to vote against him. "The President has issued an extraordinarily serious and specific charge".
Ayotte has not responded to requests for comment on Trump's allegations, but her spokesman, Liz Johnson, said Ayotte "does believe the Legislature should examine residency requirements, which they are doing".
The voter fraud "scheme" Trump describes would "constitute thousands of felony criminal offenses under New Hampshire law", she noted.
"I therefore call upon President Trump to immediately share his evidence with the public", Weintraub said.
Ayotte was present because she is leading the "Sherpa" team that is shepherding Gorsuch during the confirmation process.
Townships Declare Snow Emergencies Ahead of Storm
Another 1 to 3 inches of snow is in store for Boston by Saturday afternoon after over a foot of snow buried the city on Thursday. At one point on Thursday, more than 40 million people were under some sort of winter weather watch or warning.
President Donald Trump reportedly brought up even more baseless claims of voter fraud on Thursday, during a closed-door meeting with several senators.
On Election Day, Trump accused the media of ignoring "serious voter fraud" in California, New Hampshire and Virginia.
Trump obviously won the election, but he narrowly lost New Hampshire to Hillary Clinton.
Trump has said that fraud may account for his loss nationwide in the popular vote to Clinton by almost 3 million votes. Gardner said in each election going back to 2002 there has been at least one prosecution for voter fraud - but he hasn't seen any evidence of a coordinated or systematic effort.
Trump repeatedly warned of voter fraud during the 2016 race, but has since doubled-down on the idea after Electoral College win in November.
- Republicans Introduce Bill to "Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency"
- Fights to watch to get primed for UFC 208
- Hyundai Elantra GT Debuts at Chicago Auto Show
- Israel says will not admit Peru's fugitive ex-president
- Three soldiers killed by Russian warplanes
- Video Exposes Planned Parenthood's Abortion Quotas
- WWII bomb discovery forces evacuation in Greek city of Thessaloniki
- Oil industry can't stand another price collapse - Venezuela
- Commander of US Forces in Afghanistan Requests Thousands of Troops
- Jeffrey Loria has a handshake agreement to sell the Marlins