"I would like him to stay but I don't know what is going to happen", Guardiola said when asked if Aguero would remain at the Etihad next season.
But City - the change in central striker not altering the balance of the settled side Pep Guardiola has found since the 3-0 FA Cup win at Crystal Palace last month - were always the more risky team on the break and they went two up in the 69th minute.
City have played some of the exhilarating football for which manager Pep Guardiola is renowned in compiling a four-game unbeaten run since suffering a humbling 4-0 loss at Everton last month.
"But I think it was clear every time we spoke with Sergio, from the beginning".
"I don't know. I will decide the day of the game", he told reporters at City's training centre.
Sergio Aguero offered a reminder of his value to Manchester City by providing a goal to help his club move up to second in the Premier League with a 2-0 win at Bournemouth.
But Guardiola said catching the tallies of those clubs did not concern him.
Turkey's Erdogan approves referendum on increasing powers to presidency
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said the referendum would likely take place on April 16. Ankara accuses Gulen of orchestrating an attempted coup in Turkey last July.
City - who had retained the front three of Leroy Sane, Sterling and Jesus and started Fernandinho in the unfamiliar position of left-back - began with similar intent.
Aguero seemed slightly off the pace at the Vitality Stadium, having been benched for City's last three league games, but his contribution was loudly acclaimed at the final whistle for those who had made the long journey to the south coast.
"Without the ball, they are so aggressive in terms of pressure".
City go into tonight's game on the back of three successive wins in all competitions, and they'll be confident of overcoming a Bournemouth side that have seriously struggled in recent weeks. The opponents make that kind of thing?
They have 49 goals to their credit, three fewer than joint top-scorers Liverpool and Arsenal, and two short of leaders Chelsea's total. "We will need all of them".
Guardiola admits that he wants Aguero to stay at the club, but he also said that he "doesn't know" what is going to happen with the player's future.
- CAS sanctions Russian athlete Savinova for 4 years for doping
- WWII bomb discovery forces evacuation in Greek city of Thessaloniki
- FEC commissioner wants Trump to show evidence of NH voter fraud
- Netflix Reveals That Nearly Half of All Couples Cheat
- Census: Ottawa-Gatineau above national average: Pembroke and Smiths Falls lose population
- Three soldiers killed by Russian warplanes
- Friday Night's Sky to Light Up
- Jack Clifford and Jack Nowell start for England against Wales
- After Trump, White House releases list of 78 terror attacks 'under-reported'
- Yale To Rename Calhoun College For Grace Hopper