Although the cause of the fire is under investigation, the Anaheim Police Department said that no foul play is suspected.
Nine cars were destroyed or damaged by fires in the main parking structure Monday at Disneyland, and seven people were treated for smoke inhalation but their injuries aren't serious, authorities said.
Disneyland confirmed the fire was on the second-floor of the lot.
During the evacuation, the trams serving the structure were halted.
Thousands remain in shelters after California dam evacuation
The Department of Water Resources will hold a news conference at noon to discuss progress made on repairing the damaged spillway. They said soil, rocks and debris could be swept into the Feather River, potentially damaging highway bridges and power plants.
People were allowed to return to their vehicles at around 7 p.m., police said.
Seven Disney employees suffered smoke inhalation. The blaze was in the Mickey & Friends structure, according to Sgt. Daron Wyatt of Anaheim Fire and Rescue. "It's just an accidental fire that started with one vehicle then quickly communicated to other vehicles", the sergeant said.
Darren Clark, whose family of four couldn't get to their auto because of the shutdown, told KNBC-TV: "A lot of people are just exhausted; they've been here all day".
"A lot of people are just exhausted, they've been here all day". "I'm kind of hoping it's not my vehicle". Firefighters were called to the scene at about 4:35 p.m. after an Anaheim police officer reported the blaze.
- San Francisco 49ers: How Kyle Shanahan Can Address the Quarterback Situation
- Mitsubishi reveals all-new Eclipse Cross SUV
- Samsung might have a curvy new Bixby logo
- FEC commissioner wants Trump to show evidence of NH voter fraud
- Jack Clifford and Jack Nowell start for England against Wales
- The Leicester City Fairytale has Come to an End
- Henry backs Wenger stay despite Arsenal's 'mental problem'
- Oil industry can't stand another price collapse - Venezuela
- Consumer price inflation set to see upside pressure: Crisil
- City keen to keep Aguero