DELPHI, Ind. (AP) - Authorities suspect foul play after two bodies were found along a northern IN creek amid a search for two missing teenage girls, police said Tuesday.
Two bodies were found in the search of two 13-year-old girls on a riverbank just hours after they posted a final eerie photo online while hiking in Indiana.
Kim Riley says a pathologist who began the autopsies Wednesday morning in Terre Haute was still performing them around noon Wednesday.
He would not comment on any injuries the bodies appear to have suffered.
Investigators didn't confirm if the bodies found on Tuesday were those of the missing teens, saying only that they believe foul play was suspected.
Police have yet to announce the bodies are those of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. They were reported missing hours later.
German posted a photo of Williams looking somber on a railroad bridge in Delphi, Indiana.
No Technical Difficulties For Metallica in Post-Grammy Show
Hetfield and Gaga shared ended up sharing her mic, adding a cool theatrical element to the performance, albeit an unplanned one. Metallica was up for one Grammy this year for Best Rock Song for " Hardwired ", but lost to David Bowie's "Blackstar".
German's photo of Williams on Snapchat on Sunday is the last documentation of the girls. Law enforcement officials say they do suspect foul play.
They are of the two missing girls that went hiking Monday afternoon and never returned.
This is now considered a double homicide investigation.
"I know it's had a awful effect on our people and we are grieved this sort of thing would happen here in our community", Mullins said.
The superintendent for Delphi Community School said counseling services for students will be available throughout the district.
"It is a small community and the community is going to wrap its arms around these families and is going to take very good care of them", Briles said.
- Jack Clifford and Jack Nowell start for England against Wales
- FEC commissioner wants Trump to show evidence of NH voter fraud
- India's largest state Uttar Pradesh goes to polls
- Former Chicago Cub Travis Wood Agrees to Deal with Royals
- Thousands remain in shelters after California dam evacuation
- 6 dead, at least 6 wounded in city shootings
- China's Jan crude imports rise to third-highest on record
- Consumer price inflation set to see upside pressure: Crisil
- Thousands protest Trump in Mexico City
- Report says more than 1900 bridges in OH are 'structurally deficient'