The family of 10-year-old Kaden Reddick, the boy who died in a "horrific accident" at Topshop, described how his death will "leave a huge empty hole" in their lives.
A YOUNG schoolboy tragically died after an accident in The Oracle left him with serious head injuries.
Eyewitnesses said that he pulled down a barrier in the fashion store, causing the furniture to crash down onto his head.
He was pronounced dead in hospital just an hour after the incident which happened at 4.15pm, Thames Valley Police said.
Kaden was rushed to the Royal Berkshire Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Ambulance crews were called to the store on Monday afternoon.
Officers have been here all night and remain on site to continue their investigations.
"A scene watch is in place at the Topshop store and is likely to be in place for some time".
Jack Clifford and Jack Nowell start for England against Wales
Wales opted for scrum instead of a penalty kick and blew it when Rob Evans collapsed against England tighthead Dan Cole. The Welsh notably tried to pull one over England in 2015, by delaying their arrival on the field long after England's .
Reading Borough Council confirmed that it was investigating alongside the police but the Health and Safety Executive said it was not yet involved.
A date for a post-mortem examination was also yet to be set.
Bunches of flowers were left against the shop's closed shutters and passers by paused to look at the tributes.
A spokesman for The Oracle said: "We can confirm an incident took place within a retail unit at the centre this afternoon, resulting in the injury of a child".
"After treatment at the scene he was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital still in a life-threatening condition".
A Reading council spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with the family during this hard time".
'We are thoroughly investigating all the events surrounding this extremely sad situation'.
Paramedics treated him in the shopping centre.
- No Technical Difficulties For Metallica in Post-Grammy Show
- India's largest state Uttar Pradesh goes to polls
- Thousands remain in shelters after California dam evacuation
- New talks seek to end Syria's war after almost six years
- Mitsubishi reveals all-new Eclipse Cross SUV
- Oil industry can't stand another price collapse - Venezuela
- Turkey's Erdogan approves referendum on increasing powers to presidency
- Samsung might have a curvy new Bixby logo
- FEC commissioner wants Trump to show evidence of NH voter fraud
- City keen to keep Aguero