Anti-Trump protesters in Mexico are holding marches today (12 February) across 20 cities in defiance over the USA president's latest immigration and tax policies targeting the nation.
"The United States and Mexico are natural friends and allies, but Trump is destroying this", Garcia said.
The confrontation has stoked patriotic pride in Mexico, where USA companies like Starbucks, Coca-Cola and McDonald's are the targets of boycott campaigns and many people have taken to putting the Mexican flag in their profile pictures on social media.
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto cancelled a January 31 trip to Washington over Trump's insistence that Mexico pay for the wall.
Other Mexican cities also hosted anti-Trump marches Sunday.
The marchers protested Trump's plans for a border wall and increased deportations of migrants.
Thousands remain in shelters after California dam evacuation
The Department of Water Resources will hold a news conference at noon to discuss progress made on repairing the damaged spillway. They said soil, rocks and debris could be swept into the Feather River, potentially damaging highway bridges and power plants.
Trump has insisted a wall along the almost 2,000-mile US border with Mexico would be paid for by Mexico.
The Los Angeles Times reported that one sign read: "Trump, pay for your own wall!"
The march also featured many signs supporting Mexican migrants living in the United States. This is Albert Saint Jean, a Haitian-American fellow with the Black Alliance for Just Immigration, addressing Mayor Bill de Blasio at the protest Saturday.
It seems to me that Donald Trump has taken us back to medieval times. "No immigrant raids. No aggression to Mexico", the professor said.
It follows the Mexican's government warning that citizens living in the USA face a "new reality" following the sudden deportation of a Mexican woman in Arizona who had lived in the U.S. for 20 years on 9 February.
"We need a real president who defends the rights of Mexicans, who stands up to Trump", one teacher said.
- Charles Oakley's Madison Square Garden ban lifted
- CAS sanctions Russian athlete Savinova for 4 years for doping
- Townships Declare Snow Emergencies Ahead of Storm
- No foul play as cars burn at Disneyland
- Jack Clifford and Jack Nowell start for England against Wales
- Netflix Reveals That Nearly Half of All Couples Cheat
- New talks seek to end Syria's war after almost six years
- Turkey's Erdogan approves referendum on increasing powers to presidency
- Consumer price inflation set to see upside pressure: Crisil
- Samsung might have a curvy new Bixby logo