University of Missouri student Goehrke saw his big chance and responded: "If patriots win we go on a date?"
The Montreal-born blonde predicted an Atlanta triumph on Twitter with the Falcons ahead 21-0 and her suitor pitched a date if the Patriots came back to win. However, as luck would have it, the Patriots pulled off a stunning comeback in the second half to win 34-28 in overtime.
The two sat court side at a Brooklyn Nets and Milwaukee Bucks NBA game. Hours later, when the Patriots had won, she said she would honor the bet and go on the date.
"The most awesome part is that she agreed to it without knowing who I was", he said. "I was anxious, however, when I looked at his Twitter profile as soon as I lost the bet and his profile picture was a picture of Tiger Woods".
Thousands protest Trump in Mexico City
Trump has insisted a wall along the almost 2,000-mile US border with Mexico would be paid for by Mexico. The marchers protested Trump's plans for a border wall and increased deportations of migrants.
NEW YORK Eugenie Bouchard is not one to welch on a bet.
All he had to say on the date was this: "Very good - the best date ever". Bouchard told TMZ on the way out that there would "for sure" be a second date.
While Goehrke seemed fairly subdued for a lot of the date, one has to imagine he was just trying to play it cool for his superstar date. "Probably less awkward than a one-on-one dinner, since I don't know John, so that's how it happened".
- No foul play as cars burn at Disneyland
- 6 dead, at least 6 wounded in city shootings
- City keen to keep Aguero
- Police investigate 10-year-old boy's death in Topshop after furniture incident
- Karlie Kloss Racist Photoshoot Draws Twitter Outrage - And An Apology
- With Samsung chief's arrest, three executives in spotlight
- Report says more than 1900 bridges in OH are 'structurally deficient'
- Coroner ID's Carroll County Bodies As Two Missing Teenage Girls
- Charles Oakley's Madison Square Garden ban lifted
- No Technical Difficulties For Metallica in Post-Grammy Show