University of Missouri student Goehrke saw his big chance and responded: "If patriots win we go on a date?"
The Montreal-born blonde predicted an Atlanta triumph on Twitter with the Falcons ahead 21-0 and her suitor pitched a date if the Patriots came back to win. However, as luck would have it, the Patriots pulled off a stunning comeback in the second half to win 34-28 in overtime.
The two sat court side at a Brooklyn Nets and Milwaukee Bucks NBA game. Hours later, when the Patriots had won, she said she would honor the bet and go on the date.
"The most awesome part is that she agreed to it without knowing who I was", he said. "I was anxious, however, when I looked at his Twitter profile as soon as I lost the bet and his profile picture was a picture of Tiger Woods".
Lance Armstrong faces $100 million lawsuit
Armstrong was said to have run "the most sophisticated doping scheme in sport" by the United States anti-doping agency. Mr Armstrong's former US Postal Service teammate, Floyd Landis , could collect up to 25% after he filed the lawsuit.
NEW YORK Eugenie Bouchard is not one to welch on a bet.
All he had to say on the date was this: "Very good - the best date ever". Bouchard told TMZ on the way out that there would "for sure" be a second date.
While Goehrke seemed fairly subdued for a lot of the date, one has to imagine he was just trying to play it cool for his superstar date. "Probably less awkward than a one-on-one dinner, since I don't know John, so that's how it happened".
- Thousands remain in shelters after California dam evacuation
- Former Chicago Cub Travis Wood Agrees to Deal with Royals
- No Technical Difficulties For Metallica in Post-Grammy Show
- Karlie Kloss Racist Photoshoot Draws Twitter Outrage - And An Apology
- Mitsubishi reveals all-new Eclipse Cross SUV
- 6 dead, at least 6 wounded in city shootings
- Coroner ID's Carroll County Bodies As Two Missing Teenage Girls
- The Leicester City Fairytale has Come to an End
- City keen to keep Aguero
- Charles Oakley's Madison Square Garden ban lifted