According Armando Salguero of the Herald, it's because there is a "sudden and significant interest from at least one and perhaps other teams in acquiring Albert" through a trade.
The move clears the way for 2016 first round pick Laremy Tunsil to take over as Miami's left tackle of the present, and the future. Brought in as a pass rusher, the former No. 1 overall pick collected just 1 1/2 sacks last season and was set to cost the Dolphins $10.5 million against the cap in 2017. He became expendable when the Dolphins drafted former Lake City Columbia star Laremy Tunsil with the 13th pick previous year. He hasn't played a full season since 2011, which is also the only full season of his career.
While Tunsil wasn't ideal in his rookie season, the player that was once considered to be a top five lock in the draft and the best left tackle in a very good class of players now will have a chance to be the Dolphins' franchise left tackle moving forward.
Los Angeles had one of the worst offensive lines in the National Football League last season and Albert is a trusted, reliable veteran.
Mexican detained in U.S. despite work permit
This will likely be the first time we hear why ICE claims Daniel Ramirez is a gang affiliated and the evidence they may have. Trump has indicated on several occasions that people who qualify for DACA would be excluded from his immigration crackdown .
None of the recent releases were complicated decisions for the Dolphins because of age, injury history, or lack of productivity.
The Herald reports the Dolphins are also releasing defensive tackle Earl Mitchell and cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. He lost his starting job at defensive end in October and appeared in 13 games (five starts) for Miami in 2016. Tunsil did some fill-in work at that spot while Albert was injured last season, but the results left a little to be desired.
Williams originally joined the Bills with great fanfare, signing a six-year, $96 million contract back in 2012 when he and the Texans couldn't come to terms. He also missed the 2016 season after the Dolphins placed him on injured reserve on August 9, 2016.
The Dolphins went 10-6 last season and made the playoffs for the first time since 2008. The Dolphins have themselves some leverage now as they were ready to cut him.
- Missing teen girls found dead on Indiana hiking trail
- Karlie Kloss Racist Photoshoot Draws Twitter Outrage - And An Apology
- Yahoo and Verizon 'near to agreeing revised sale terms'
- "Ultra Street Fighter II" Introduces First-Person Mode on Switch
- Stock to Track: Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- ICE detains domestic violence victim in court
- Bomb Blast in Pakistan's Sindh province kills 30; over 50 injured
- Report says more than 1900 bridges in OH are 'structurally deficient'
- Melania Trump Still Adjusting As First Lady
- New talks seek to end Syria's war after almost six years