An armed man who opened fire on police from a second story window was shot by police after a standoff Friday morning.
Law enforcement sources identified the suspect as Jesse Ross Enjaian, 32, a computer science engineer.
Reports of an active shooter near Interstate 580 in Oakland shut down a section of the highway Friday morning and caused a lockdown at a high school, officials said. A one point the man came out with the rifle and a spray can and drew obscene graffiti on the garage.
The California Highway Patrol said the gunman had been "disarmed and detained" and helicopter video showed him being loaded into an ambulance.
Matt Damon climbs the not-so-great 'Wall'
One thing leads to another and it's William who saves the day, thanks to a large magnetic rock that puts the monsters to sleep. THE Great Wall is the most expensive Chinese/Hollywood co-production ever, with a budget of over 150 million dollars.
In a statement, Oakland police officer Johnna Watson said: 'This is extremely concerning for the Oakland police Department.
Calls to an Oakland police spokeswoman were not returned Friday morning.
The suspect was transported to a hospital and is listed in serious condition. An investigation is ongoing.
- Flu deaths on the rise in Idaho
- Mexican detained in U.S. despite work permit
- Children with ADHD have some smaller brain regions, study shows
- Looks at $143 billion acquisition of Unilever
- Missing teen girls found dead on Indiana hiking trail
- McCain says he will vote against Mulvaney for OMB
- Trump Chooses Former NLRB Member Alexander Acosta for Labor
- Russian spy ship spotted just off CT coast
- Samsung's Acting Chief Arrested In South Korea's Deepening Corruption Probe
- Roman Polanski Seeks Sealed Transcript in Renewed Bid for US Return