An armed man who opened fire on police from a second story window was shot by police after a standoff Friday morning.
Law enforcement sources identified the suspect as Jesse Ross Enjaian, 32, a computer science engineer.
Reports of an active shooter near Interstate 580 in Oakland shut down a section of the highway Friday morning and caused a lockdown at a high school, officials said. A one point the man came out with the rifle and a spray can and drew obscene graffiti on the garage.
The California Highway Patrol said the gunman had been "disarmed and detained" and helicopter video showed him being loaded into an ambulance.
Looks at $143 billion acquisition of Unilever
The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 0.06% with the 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 0.06 percent. This company shares are 3.45% off its target price of $90.29 and the current market capitalization stands at $106.31B.
In a statement, Oakland police officer Johnna Watson said: 'This is extremely concerning for the Oakland police Department.
Calls to an Oakland police spokeswoman were not returned Friday morning.
The suspect was transported to a hospital and is listed in serious condition. An investigation is ongoing.
- Justin Bieber 'named as suspect in assault investigation'
- Trump Chooses Former NLRB Member Alexander Acosta for Labor
- "Ultra Street Fighter II" Introduces First-Person Mode on Switch
- President greets Gambia on its Independence Day
- McCain says he will vote against Mulvaney for OMB
- Matt Damon climbs the not-so-great 'Wall'
- Coroner ID's Carroll County Bodies As Two Missing Teenage Girls
- Samsung's Acting Chief Arrested In South Korea's Deepening Corruption Probe
- Russian spy ship spotted just off CT coast
- Second Suspect Arrested In Death Of N. Korean Dictator's Half-Brother