The team also announced that team co-owner Jim Buss would not longer be serving as the team's executive vice president of basketball operations.
There's a new king on the court and his name is Magic!
Shortly after the Los Angeles Lakers fired longtime GM Mitch Kupchak and promoted Magic Johnson to President of Basketball Operations, the team completed a trade that landed them another first round pick in this year's NBA Draft. I am most disappointed that I won't have the opportunity to continue to work with Luke and watch this young and talented team grow and eventually win in the Laker tradition. Sam has interview Lakers owner and governor Jeanie Buss on several occasions and knew this kind of move was in the works.
Magic Johnson is prepared to risk every record and milestone he did on his career-long National Basketball Association history by taking into his shoulders the duty of being LA Lakers' new president.
Jeanie Buss added, "I took these actions today to achieve one goal: Everyone associated with the Lakers will now be pulling in the same direction, the direction established by Earvin and myself".
In being named the Lakers president of basketball operations Tuesday, Johnson has been given a real job that will have a real impact on his legacy if he can not answer a very real question. The move, elevating the man who helped lead the Lakers to five National Basketball Association titles during the "Showtime" era, while firing the son of the late owner and brother of the current owner, sent shockwaves across the National Basketball Association.
Annual Florida manatee count breaks record for third year in a row
The agency's other argument for changing the listing: a computer model that shows they now stand little chance of going extinct. Florida wildlife officials are encouraged by the results of a recent survey that counted 6,620 manatees in the state.
One of the greatest Lakers will try his hand at restoring the franchise to greatness, likely with an assist from Kobe Bryant's former agent.
Olshey-to-the Lakers seems like an unlikely scenario and a front-runner has been already declared.
Tuesday morning the Lakers front office was remade and restructured for the first time since Jerry West left in the summer of 2000. Magic will get whom ever he needs to make players better and get this team moving in the right direction as they were spiraling in a wild fire under the Buss Regime.
"Since 1979, I've been a part of the Laker Nation and I'm passionate about this organisation".
"It's about building the winning culture again, that's what it's about now", Johnson said on the Lakers' television network, with Buss sitting next him nodding and smiling in agreement.
- Oakland Active Shooter: Man Armed With Rifle Detained; Interstate Reopens
- Actress Working On New Acting-Directing Projects!
- Binding of Isaac Delayed on Nintendo Switch, No Longer a Launch Title
- Varadkar and Coveney split on leadership
- Thousands of Vauxhall workers hold breath as Theresa May enters takeover talks
- Analyst's Proposition on General Motors Company (GM), The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)
- Michael Flynn unlikely to face charges for lying to Federal Bureau of Investigation , sources say
- Second Suspect Arrested In Death Of N. Korean Dictator's Half-Brother
- Baton Rouge PD thanks woman for helping police officer
- 'Flip or Flop' stars Tarek, Christina El Moussa dish on split