Announcing the exciting news, Foo Fighters held a secret gig in Somerset - the home of Glastonbury - where they dropped the bombshell to surprised fans. Watch the livestream below.
Glastonbury 2017 will run from June 21-25.
Foo Fighters are rumoured to play a secret gig in Frome.
Microsoft aims to reshape India digitally
Also, the new app is created to run on old or low-end Android devices without consuming too much memory or processing power. The Skype app for Android isn't great - it's often slow, with somewhat-awful call quality and the occasional crash.
The band had always been rumoured to headline Worthy Farm this year, especially since they were forced to pull out of their 2015 headline slot when frontman Dave Grohl broke his leg.
Radiohead will top the bill at this year's festival on Friday, with the third headliner yet to be announced.
Metro.co.uk has reached out to Foo Fighter's reps for comment. Foo Fighters will close the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night. "I mean, Dave nearly pulverized his entire fucking leg - and missing Glastonbury was part of that bummer". After a mysterious countdown was launched on the band's website, fans started to speculate that the announcement could be related to the band's long-awaited return to Glastonbury after Grohl's nasty spill in Sweden left him with a broken leg and the band was forced to cancel their appearance. But like Dave said, "we will go on, even if I have to sit in this throne I have in my mind". Now it seems those rumours are about to fly (see what we did there?). We got lemons and made lemonade. The British alternative legends were confirmed for Glastonbury last October.
- Israeli troops clash with Palestinians marking Hebron massacre
- Baton Rouge PD thanks woman for helping police officer
- KCR accorded tumultuous welcome on his maiden visit to Tirupati
- Penalty rate cuts: exempting current workers could reduce hardship, expert says
- Spanish police shoot at speeding truck loaded with gas bottles in Barcelona
- Actress Working On New Acting-Directing Projects!
- Jan Vertonghen: 'Tottenham Hotspur deserve a trophy'
- Alt-right leader Richard Spencer expelled at CPAC conference
- Macron gains boost from key centrist in French election
- Analyst's Proposition on General Motors Company (GM), The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)