Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will make offerings worth Rs 5.6 crore in ornaments at the Tirumala Temple in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday, NDTV reported.
Soon after having darshan, KCR spoke to media and said, "I have offered prayers for well-being and fast development of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana" and while thanking chairman, EO and board members, he said, 'we (Telangana government) will support all the devotional activities done by TTD in our state'.
After offering worship to the presiding deity (Lord Venkateswara) this morning, the Telangana Chief Minister handed over a golden garland studded with fossilised shells called "Shaligram Haram" and a multi-layer gold necklace called "Makhara Kantabharanam", totally weighing about 19 kg and worth about Rs 5 crore to the temple Executive Officer, D Sambasiva Rao this morning, temple sources told PTI.
What's open, closed on President's Day 2017?
In other words, while most of us have the day off, liberals are treating Presidents Day as just another day with a "Y" in it... Here's a brief guide to navigate this federal holiday without wasting too much time heading to locations that are closed.
While tight security arrangements were made for the Chief Minister's visit, the temple town of Tirupati was virtually painted pink with flags, buntings, flexes, hoardings and welcome arches put up by various organizations, including Telugu associations from the neighboring Tamil Nadu. Rao along with his wife Shobha, daughter Kavita and other members of the family were given Vedasirvachanam by Vedic pundits.
The opposition has criticised the CM for spending such an exorbitant amount, with many questioning if it was right to spend the public's money for a personal vow. Moreover, it is not in the capacity of the head of a secular country to make public money available to any religious institution. "How would KCR have fulfilled his vow had he not become the chief minister?"
It is interesting to note that the Telangana unit of the TDP stayed relatively quiet, as Andhra ministers and senior TDP leaders approved of KCR's move. Later this week, he will reportedly present a moustache of pure gold at the Veerabhadraswamy Temple in Kuravi.
- Baton Rouge PD thanks woman for helping police officer
- Israeli troops clash with Palestinians marking Hebron massacre
- Owner of Burger King, Tim Hortons to Buy Popeyes for $1800000000
- U.S. embassy in Kiev critical of Moscow order on Ukrainian documentation
- North Carolina stretches ACC lead to 2 games with defeat of Cards
- Annual Florida manatee count breaks record for third year in a row
- Penalty rate cuts: exempting current workers could reduce hardship, expert says
- Binding of Isaac Delayed on Nintendo Switch, No Longer a Launch Title
- Day ahead: RBS, StanChart last on banks' 2016 results roller coaster
- 'We Belong Together' Singer Finally Confirms Relationship With Bryan Tanaka