A young girl was shot and killed early Saturday morning at the intersection of Sam Houston Parkway and Fuqua Street in an incident police have yet to make sense of.
DeMaree Atkins, 8, was shot and killed in Houston just moments after getting into a vehicle crash with her mom.
Thomas's daughter was hit by gunfire.
"I don't know who it was and I don't know why she was shooting", Thomas said.
"I was going through the light and through my peripheral vision I could see a auto coming at a high rate of speed", Thomas said.
"I saw the girl let the window down and point the gun out the window, and she just started shooting", Thomas said.
Thomas said she thought her daughter was still sleeping when she pulled her out of the auto and put her on the ground, but then she saw blood on her jacket. Her mother, whom police did not identify, was uninjured.
Most Americans want USA to keep funding expanded Medicaid
Even among Republicans who didn't like the law, however, there was a shift in the number who thought it should be repealed. Those results contrast with the 49% who said the ACA has made the healthcare system better for most Americans.
DeMaree Atkins was transported to a local hospital by paramedics, where she was later pronounced dead.
"I looked over and thought she was trying to help", Thomas told ABC 13. The woman who allegedly shot and killed eight-year-old DeMaree Atkins fled the area in a dark-colored, four-door sedan. Thomas believes somebody knows who the murderer is, possibly the person in the vehicle she crashed into.
Police said they are searching for the dark four-door sedan and the driver of the Pontiac.
That's when Thomas noticed the blood on her jacket.
Thomas told the police officers that the light at the intersection was changing from green to yellow as she approached it.
Thomas hopes for justice for her daughter.
The Houston police do not have any suspects in custody. Anyone with information should call HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- North Carolina stretches ACC lead to 2 games with defeat of Cards
- JCPenney Announces Closure Of As Many As 140 Stores
- Alt-right leader Richard Spencer expelled at CPAC conference
- DeVos opposed undoing transgender protections
- Lakers hope Johnson will bring Magic back to Los Angeles
- Actress Working On New Acting-Directing Projects!
- Trump Strategist Steve Bannon: 'Every Day Is Going to Be a Fight'
- Warriors' 50-point third quarter keys latest win over Clippers
- Iraq Air Force Bombs ISIS in Syria for First Time
- Drug OD deaths almost tripled since 1999, CDC says