Natalie Portman has announced that she will not be attending the 2017 Academy Awards or the 2017 Independent Spirit Awards due to her pregnancy. The same role, which has earned the actress rave reviews, also earned Portman a nomination for best actress at the Oscars. The couple, who met while filming Black Swan, are parents to 5-year-old Aleph.
Natalie Portman explained in a statement published on Hollywood Reporter: " Due to my pregnancy, I will not be able to attend the Independent Spirit Awards and the Oscars.
It can be noted that the actress had won Oscars for best actress for "Black Swan", five years ago, when she was pregnant with her first child. She's been widely praised for her performance.
The Spirit Awards took place Saturday night. That nomination is also for Jackie.
JCPenney Announces Closure Of As Many As 140 Stores
Penney Company will sell its Buena Park, California supply chain facility and shutter its Lakeland, Florida distribution center. The company plans to release a full list of planned closures in mid-March pending notification of all affected personnel.
Fans are nevertheless disappointed that the Oscars' A-list will be one star less, especially since Portman's chances of again bagging the "Best Actress" title looks promising.
Arrival, La La Land, Lion, Fences, Manchester by the sea, Moonlight are among the movies nominated for the best picture category. "Noah Oppenheim, who wrote the script, has been saying that it shows our country has been through many hard times, and we've managed to pull through and come out the other end of the tunnel". "I don't think that kind of discriminatory speech or behavior is helpful to bringing people together in a positive way".
At least, that's what Natalie Portman is saying.
Portman stunned in a yellow gown while visibly pregnant at the Golden Globes in January and also tried to hide her bump in a black sheath dress at the Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon on February 6.
- Day ahead: RBS, StanChart last on banks' 2016 results roller coaster
- Trump Strategist Steve Bannon: 'Every Day Is Going to Be a Fight'
- Huawei Launches the New Huawei P10 and P10+ At MWC 2017
- Foo Fighters hiatus is officially over, watch their comeback show
- North Carolina stretches ACC lead to 2 games with defeat of Cards
- Israel to deny Human Rights Watch visas over 'bias'
- Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom US launch has been delayed
- Simone Biles and Mr. T Are Joining Dancing with the Stars
- Microsoft aims to reshape India digitally
- Jahlil Okafor Trade Watch: Bulls Reportedly Unwilling to Trade First-round Pick