Brown has shared a picture on Twitter captioned "Steelers for life" with what looks like a contract in agent Drew Rosenhaus' hand. Under the rules of the exclusive rights franchise tender, Bell can not negotiate an offer sheet with another team.
For the third straight year, Bell's season ended in injury as he left the first half of the AFC Championship game with a groin injury. He led the league with 1,698 receiving yards in 2014.
In 2015, Bell torn his MCL in a midseason loss to the Bengals while being tackled by Vontaze Burfict and missed the remainder of the year. He also set postseason single-game rushing records in the first two round of the playoffs and caught 75 passes for 616 yards. Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles is due $9.09 million in 2017; Peterson is owed $14 million.
I'm Too Pregnant For The Oscars
The same role, which has earned the actress rave reviews, also earned Portman a nomination for best actress at the Oscars. The couple, who met while filming Black Swan , are parents to 5-year-old Aleph.
"The (franchise) tag is always an option, and it's something we'll use if necessary", Colbert said, via Steelers.com. Last offseason, the two-time Pro Bowler released a rap song in which he said he wants to make $15 million a year.
The franchise tag is projected to be for a little more than $12 million (the average of the salaries of the five highest-paid running backs in the NFL.) Last season, Bell earned just under $1 million with a cap of $1.13 million.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown are reportedly making "significant progress" toward a contract extension as he approaches the final year of his current deal. He'll surpass A.J. Green into that top spot.
- Drug OD deaths almost tripled since 1999, CDC says
- Most Americans want USA to keep funding expanded Medicaid
- Simone Biles and Mr. T Are Joining Dancing with the Stars
- Alt-right leader Richard Spencer expelled at CPAC conference
- Lakers hope Johnson will bring Magic back to Los Angeles
- Huawei Launches the New Huawei P10 and P10+ At MWC 2017
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US 'not experiencing the best of times'
- Warriors' 50-point third quarter keys latest win over Clippers
- Nick Kyrgios sprays 'biased' umpire at Marseille Open
- Israeli troops clash with Palestinians marking Hebron massacre