It will be demonstrated at Valve's booth at GDC, and according to Valve it's designed "to deliver a high fidelity, next generation VR experience".
The game developer Valve confirmed to publication Road To VR that it will be using the SteamVR tracking technology to create a head mounted VR device for LG.
This is not the first time that the Korean company entered the virtual reality market. In 2016, it had released a 360-degree VR headset as an accessory for LG G5. We do not have any relationship with manufacturers, and all product choices are made by our editors, themselves.
LG has yet to share any specific details about the VR headset.
Mike Mayock: No quarterbacks worth taking in top 10
NFL Network's Mike Mayock hosted a two-hour press conference so we'll be dropping tidbits from his musings all week. Instead, they finished last in the league, and were only marginally better a year ago at 30th.
"This demo is the result of the experience and the valuable learnings we have accumulated during our relationship with Valve, a company that had the foresight to see the value of eye tracking at an early stage", said Christian Villwock, a director at SMI.
The news comes on the tail of Sony announcing that it sold more than 900,000 PlayStation VR headsets and Oculus saying that more than 5 million Samsung Gear VR headsets are in consumers' hands. Pricing and details on the headset's specs are now unavailable but will be announced at a later time.
LG may be about to launch a VR headset in cooperation with Valve, allegedly at the GDC 2017 (Game Developers Conference) which is already underway.
- Wild trade for Hanzal and White
- Nick Kyrgios sprays 'biased' umpire at Marseille Open
- United Airlines starting non-stop flights to Chicago in June
- Antonio Brown, Steelers agree on five-year contract
- Dow breaks 12-day record streak ahead of Trump speech; retail down
- Indianapolis Colts defensive lineman David Parry arrested in Scottsdale
- Huawei Launches the New Huawei P10 and P10+ At MWC 2017
- Strenuous Workout May Kill Male Sex Drive
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US 'not experiencing the best of times'
- Amazing Samsung Galaxy S8 hands-on pics available already