It will be demonstrated at Valve's booth at GDC, and according to Valve it's designed "to deliver a high fidelity, next generation VR experience".
The game developer Valve confirmed to publication Road To VR that it will be using the SteamVR tracking technology to create a head mounted VR device for LG.
This is not the first time that the Korean company entered the virtual reality market. In 2016, it had released a 360-degree VR headset as an accessory for LG G5. We do not have any relationship with manufacturers, and all product choices are made by our editors, themselves.
LG has yet to share any specific details about the VR headset.
Jennifer Aniston remembers Bill Paxton in Oscars tribute
But he holds a special place in the hearts of people who love weird music. "We love you", the actress wrote . Beloved actor Bill Paxton has passed away at the age of 61.
"This demo is the result of the experience and the valuable learnings we have accumulated during our relationship with Valve, a company that had the foresight to see the value of eye tracking at an early stage", said Christian Villwock, a director at SMI.
The news comes on the tail of Sony announcing that it sold more than 900,000 PlayStation VR headsets and Oculus saying that more than 5 million Samsung Gear VR headsets are in consumers' hands. Pricing and details on the headset's specs are now unavailable but will be announced at a later time.
LG may be about to launch a VR headset in cooperation with Valve, allegedly at the GDC 2017 (Game Developers Conference) which is already underway.
- Indianapolis Colts defensive lineman David Parry arrested in Scottsdale
- Russia, China Block UN Sanctions On Syria Over Gas Attacks
- Mike Mayock: No quarterbacks worth taking in top 10
- Most Americans want USA to keep funding expanded Medicaid
- BlackBerry and Nokia set for major announcements at mobile phone convention
- Huawei Launches the New Huawei P10 and P10+ At MWC 2017
- Dow breaks 12-day record streak ahead of Trump speech; retail down
- DeVos opposed undoing transgender protections
- Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom US launch has been delayed
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: US 'not experiencing the best of times'