The information on the sixteen deaths were in accordance with information submitted by providers to the North Carolina Division of Public Health. "Flu cases in OH are only reported to the local health district if they involve a hospitalization or pediatric death and most influenza infections are never lab confirmed, so it is hard to say how many flu cases there are or have been".
"Schools are being proactive with extra cleaning, wiping down desks daily, and at least one school has brought on extra custodial staff to disinfect lockers, doorknobs and other surfaces", Long said.
Health officials say young children, and the elderly are the most susceptible to the outbreak of this virus. While flu activity remains elevated over the baseline rate of 2.2% for influenza-like illness, the new national report offers some good news during a flu season marked by severe illness. Most of the fatal cases - 33 so far this year - involved patients 65 and older. They do not apply to anyone seeking treatment at the hospitals.
Trump Blames Generals For Raid That Killed Navy SEAL
He branded the raid a "grand display", pointing out that for the past two years ground forces had not been deployed in Yemen. NBC News reported Monday, citing unnamed senior USA officials, that the raid had produced no "actionable intelligence".
In the 2013 to 2014 flu season, H1N1 was the dominate virus at the time, the standard-dose vaccine had better effectiveness than the previous season. In these instances, parents and guardians should work with their nurse to make arrangements.
Flu activity across the U.S. surged in early February, and infections could continue to increase until March according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Microsoft confirms two major Windows 10 updates coming in 2017
- Indianapolis Colts defensive lineman David Parry arrested in Scottsdale
- Mike Mayock: No quarterbacks worth taking in top 10
- Spotify Hi-Fi in limited testing for a premium price
- IPhone 8 to get OLED screen and USB Type-C?
- Justice Department Changes Position on Texas' Discriminatory Voter ID Law
- Antonio Brown, Steelers agree on five-year contract
- Russia, China Block UN Sanctions On Syria Over Gas Attacks
- DeVos opposed undoing transgender protections
- United Nations issues list of 12 most worrying drug-resistant bacteria