The information on the sixteen deaths were in accordance with information submitted by providers to the North Carolina Division of Public Health. "Flu cases in OH are only reported to the local health district if they involve a hospitalization or pediatric death and most influenza infections are never lab confirmed, so it is hard to say how many flu cases there are or have been".
"Schools are being proactive with extra cleaning, wiping down desks daily, and at least one school has brought on extra custodial staff to disinfect lockers, doorknobs and other surfaces", Long said.
Health officials say young children, and the elderly are the most susceptible to the outbreak of this virus. While flu activity remains elevated over the baseline rate of 2.2% for influenza-like illness, the new national report offers some good news during a flu season marked by severe illness. Most of the fatal cases - 33 so far this year - involved patients 65 and older. They do not apply to anyone seeking treatment at the hospitals.
Justice Department Changes Position on Texas' Discriminatory Voter ID Law
Under the Obama administration, the Justice Department joined the plaintiffs in arguing that the Texas law should be struck down. A 2013 Supreme Court ruling sprung Texas and other states with a history of discrimination from that list.
In the 2013 to 2014 flu season, H1N1 was the dominate virus at the time, the standard-dose vaccine had better effectiveness than the previous season. In these instances, parents and guardians should work with their nurse to make arrangements.
Flu activity across the U.S. surged in early February, and infections could continue to increase until March according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Spotify Hi-Fi in limited testing for a premium price
- Jennifer Aniston remembers Bill Paxton in Oscars tribute
- Dow breaks 12-day record streak ahead of Trump speech; retail down
- I'm Too Pregnant For The Oscars
- Blackberry KEYone Brings Back The Physical Keyboard At MWC 2017
- United Airlines starting non-stop flights to Chicago in June
- Gunman kills girl, 8, after vehicle accident
- 'Logan' characters should live on in movies, says Hugh Jackman
- BlackBerry and Nokia set for major announcements at mobile phone convention
- Strenuous Workout May Kill Male Sex Drive