Some customers are seeing that the new feature would charge an additional $5 per month on top of the $10 per month they are already paying.
@Spotify Is there any official word on the Hi-Fi/lossless offerings we've been getting?
In an effort to attract audiophiles away from Tidal, Spotify is reportedly gearing up to launch a new lossless audio tier.
BlackBerry and Nokia set for major announcements at mobile phone convention
But don't expect a dazzling display, because the phone will still retain the awesome battery life of the original. Meanwhile, an article from Telegraph enumerated the reasons that made the 3310 a classic back in the early 2000's.
Another screenshot, this time on Imgur, shows the same pricing tier and benefits, save for the free vinyl record, which is replaced by exclusive presale concert tickets. But when users clicked on the link, they were brought to a page that says there was an error or that the service isn't available in that area.
Lossless, high fidelity audio became a major factor in the music streaming market thanks to Tidal, which uses FLAC (for Android/Windows) and ALAC (for Apple devices) codecs for the £19.99 per month "Tidal HiFi" subscription tier. But with Android devices' USB-C connections and Apple's Lightning headphones capable of offering improved audio playback, it may only be a matter of weeks before we see a new version of the Spotify app. When/if this new lossless audio option will go live for subscribers is anyone's guess at this point. While users have been excited by the new offering, it doesn't appear to be functional yet.
Streaming subscriber growth has also consistently increased over the past few years; in 2016, Spotify and Apple Music together added more than 20 million subscribers, boosting their announced numbers to 40 million and 20 million, respectively, by the end of that year.
- Dow breaks 12-day record streak ahead of Trump speech; retail down
- More Flu Deaths Reported in NC Last Week
- IPhone 8 to get OLED screen and USB Type-C?
- Trump Blames Generals For Raid That Killed Navy SEAL
- Wild trade for Hanzal and White
- Russia, China Block UN Sanctions On Syria Over Gas Attacks
- Jennifer Aniston remembers Bill Paxton in Oscars tribute
- Blackberry KEYone Brings Back The Physical Keyboard At MWC 2017
- Huawei Launches the New Huawei P10 and P10+ At MWC 2017
- Dutch woman, 99, 'arrested' as part of bucket list