Kohlschreiber had taken the first set on a tie-break and was on the brink of a memorable victory, but after the Scot came through the tough test in the second set, he blazed through the third 6-1 to set up a semi-final against Lucas Pouille.
Andy Murray of Great Britain returns the ball to Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany during a quarter final match of the Dubai Tennis Championships, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Thursday, March 2, 2017.
But on Saturday, the three-time Grand Slam champion never found his top form.
Women: Mirjana Lucic-Baroni bt Pauline Parmentier 6-2, 6-3; Lesia Tsurenko bt Jelena Ostapenko 6-3, 7-6 (5); Christina McHale bt Monica Puig 6-2, 6-2; Kristina Mladenovic bt Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-3.
"It's obviously a special match to win because of how it went".
"I would have been very disappointed if I'd lost the second set, but also, I didn't feel like I was playing badly".
Contesting his seventh final in his last eight tournaments-and 14th final in his last 16 events-Murray became the first British man to raise the Dubai title trophy in the tournament's 25-year history.
#WheresTheBill: Congress on goose chase to find secret GOP health bill
Usually, however, a bill is publicly introduced, and the text known and available, well before a markup session happens. He stopped to speak to a bust of Abraham Lincoln to ask if he's seen the health care bill.
It was Murray's 13th win over Verdasco - a player that was two sets up against him in the 2013 Wimbledon quarterfinal.
"I have struggled in Indian Wells and Miami and didn't play so well but this week has given me great momentum, so hopefully I can play well there".
Now winning the title here in his first tournament since that Australian Open heartbreak, Murray will go home in a positive frame of mind. Just one day after Roger Federer's shocking upset at the hands of world No. 116 Evgeny Donskoy, Murray, too, looked to be in real danger.
Murray made a poor start to the match, giving the Spaniard two break points in the first game.
Murray quickly wrapped things up, clinching the match with a powerful serve to which Verdasco could find no response. "Can't complain about much", Murray said.
"The first set was very important to win after how the matches went yesterday".
- Seven Baltimore Cops Indicted on Federal Racketeering Charges
- GM sale of Opel to PSA to be announced Monday
- Conservative Davidson says 'no popular support' for independence vote
- Pepsi, Coke ban: Retailers to lose ₹400 crore
- Ben Carson Confirmed As HUD Secretary
- McDonald's to launch ordering app, expand delivery
- 'X-Men' Writer Originally Wanted Bob Hoskins To Play Wolverine
- Is the Bentley Bentayga Mulliner the most luxurious SUV in the world?
- White House aides told to preserve materials in Russian Federation probe
- Microsoft To Bring Mixed Reality To Xbox One, Project Scorpio In 2018