Kohlschreiber had taken the first set on a tie-break and was on the brink of a memorable victory, but after the Scot came through the tough test in the second set, he blazed through the third 6-1 to set up a semi-final against Lucas Pouille.
Andy Murray of Great Britain returns the ball to Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany during a quarter final match of the Dubai Tennis Championships, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Thursday, March 2, 2017.
But on Saturday, the three-time Grand Slam champion never found his top form.
Women: Mirjana Lucic-Baroni bt Pauline Parmentier 6-2, 6-3; Lesia Tsurenko bt Jelena Ostapenko 6-3, 7-6 (5); Christina McHale bt Monica Puig 6-2, 6-2; Kristina Mladenovic bt Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-3.
"It's obviously a special match to win because of how it went".
"I would have been very disappointed if I'd lost the second set, but also, I didn't feel like I was playing badly".
Contesting his seventh final in his last eight tournaments-and 14th final in his last 16 events-Murray became the first British man to raise the Dubai title trophy in the tournament's 25-year history.
You're going to be obsessed with Lorde's new single "Green Light"
It can't have been easy for Lorde to hold onto her weird over these past few years. You go through the thing and it's so very bad and you just wish you could let go.
It was Murray's 13th win over Verdasco - a player that was two sets up against him in the 2013 Wimbledon quarterfinal.
"I have struggled in Indian Wells and Miami and didn't play so well but this week has given me great momentum, so hopefully I can play well there".
Now winning the title here in his first tournament since that Australian Open heartbreak, Murray will go home in a positive frame of mind. Just one day after Roger Federer's shocking upset at the hands of world No. 116 Evgeny Donskoy, Murray, too, looked to be in real danger.
Murray made a poor start to the match, giving the Spaniard two break points in the first game.
Murray quickly wrapped things up, clinching the match with a powerful serve to which Verdasco could find no response. "Can't complain about much", Murray said.
"The first set was very important to win after how the matches went yesterday".
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- Ben Carson Confirmed As HUD Secretary
- GM sale of Opel to PSA to be announced Monday
- 'X-Men' Writer Originally Wanted Bob Hoskins To Play Wolverine
- David Haye, Tony Bellew Kept Apart By Security
- Cuomo to visit Israel amid spate of anti-Semitic threats
- GBP USD Exchange Rate Crashes as Near-Term Fed Rate Hike Odds Rise
- What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)
- White House aides told to preserve materials in Russian Federation probe
- Snapchat owner's stock leaps 41% on USA stock market debut