The No. 3 ranked heavyweight in the UFC, Overeem improved to 41-15-0 with one no contest after the 21st knockout win of his almost two-decade career in mixed martial arts, while Hunt fell to 12-11-1 overall and has now lost three of his last six fights, all by knockout. "So we're going to wait and see what's going to be on the table", Overeem said at the UFC 209 post fight press conference.
The pair first clashed in November as they battled to a majority draw, which saw Woodley retain the belt.
In the time since the UFC instituted its new drug-testing policy, there's been a steady stream of fighters who have tested positive for banned substances.
There was a whole lot of tension before the heavyweight clash between Mark Hunt and Alistair Overeem at UFC 209, all stemming from the fact that Super Samoan is exhausted of having to fight against "cheaters" of the sport.
Follow all the action with your host Daniel Richardson.
"So, we went through all the steps necessary", Overeem stated.
Mother allegedly tried to drown two sons in Murray River
He told reporters that the case was "just awful ", before going on to say that "it will rock the community of Australia". The 27-year-old mother with a troubled history seems more known about than really known in the town of 8000 people.
"I got really sick and yesterday at the weigh-ins I was out", said the fighter.
"I have five fights left on my contract but who knows these days". When the second round came to a close, Overeem was reeling after Hunt fired off an elbow that connected to the side of his opponent's head. They should deserve to have the better things in life, because I've gotten beaten up to get here. All these guys that cheat should be the ones that should be put out on a pedestal like 'that guy's a cheat.' He shouldn't be here.
After fighting to a draw with Tyron Woodley in November, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson claims he got back in the gym and put on extra weight in anticipation of a rematch.
Something that earned White's respect even more.
"It does nothing, adding weight doesn't make you able to defend technique", Woodley said Thursday at UFC 209 media day. I was like low energy. This was the latter's first fight at middleweight level in the organisation. This fight was going to deliver, and deliver it did.
- You're going to be obsessed with Lorde's new single "Green Light"
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- David Haye, Tony Bellew Kept Apart By Security
- Microsoft To Bring Mixed Reality To Xbox One, Project Scorpio In 2018
- USA to temporarily suspend premium processing of H1-B visas
- Snapchat owner's stock leaps 41% on USA stock market debut
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis: Verdasco takes positives from final
- David Haye Released From Hospital Following Tony Bellew Fight
- GM sale of Opel to PSA to be announced Monday
- Cuomo to visit Israel amid spate of anti-Semitic threats