The No. 3 ranked heavyweight in the UFC, Overeem improved to 41-15-0 with one no contest after the 21st knockout win of his almost two-decade career in mixed martial arts, while Hunt fell to 12-11-1 overall and has now lost three of his last six fights, all by knockout. "So we're going to wait and see what's going to be on the table", Overeem said at the UFC 209 post fight press conference.
The pair first clashed in November as they battled to a majority draw, which saw Woodley retain the belt.
In the time since the UFC instituted its new drug-testing policy, there's been a steady stream of fighters who have tested positive for banned substances.
There was a whole lot of tension before the heavyweight clash between Mark Hunt and Alistair Overeem at UFC 209, all stemming from the fact that Super Samoan is exhausted of having to fight against "cheaters" of the sport.
Follow all the action with your host Daniel Richardson.
"So, we went through all the steps necessary", Overeem stated.
What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)
General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) is partnering with AT&T to sell internet-connected sensors to cities in the USA and Mexico. BlackRock Fund Advisors increased its position in shares of Portland General Electric Company by 11.9% in the third quarter.
"I got really sick and yesterday at the weigh-ins I was out", said the fighter.
"I have five fights left on my contract but who knows these days". When the second round came to a close, Overeem was reeling after Hunt fired off an elbow that connected to the side of his opponent's head. They should deserve to have the better things in life, because I've gotten beaten up to get here. All these guys that cheat should be the ones that should be put out on a pedestal like 'that guy's a cheat.' He shouldn't be here.
After fighting to a draw with Tyron Woodley in November, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson claims he got back in the gym and put on extra weight in anticipation of a rematch.
Something that earned White's respect even more.
"It does nothing, adding weight doesn't make you able to defend technique", Woodley said Thursday at UFC 209 media day. I was like low energy. This was the latter's first fight at middleweight level in the organisation. This fight was going to deliver, and deliver it did.
- USA to temporarily suspend premium processing of H1-B visas
- FCC votes to block internet privacy rule
- Cuomo to visit Israel amid spate of anti-Semitic threats
- Seven Baltimore Cops Indicted on Federal Racketeering Charges
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- Conservative Davidson says 'no popular support' for independence vote
- 'X-Men' Writer Originally Wanted Bob Hoskins To Play Wolverine
- GBP USD Exchange Rate Crashes as Near-Term Fed Rate Hike Odds Rise
- White House aides told to preserve materials in Russian Federation probe
- Mother allegedly tried to drown two sons in Murray River