Cuomo, seen as a possible Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, is governor of a state with a large Jewish population.
Andrew Cuomo said Sunday that a recent rash of anti-Semitic acts in the United States was "reprehensible" and his state would have no tolerance for them. "New York´s principles were built on a rock", Cuomo added.
But the New York governor's trip also renewed speculation about his presidential aspirations, with two worldwide news outlets - the New York Times and Wall Street Journal - examining his national prospects in their coverage of the trip.
"We have made it clear that there will be no tolerance for these acts of antisemitism", he said.
The comments followed a series of vandalism attacks at Jewish cemeteries and more than 120 bomb threats to Jewish organizations in three dozen states since early January.
"It is disgusting, it is reprehensible, it violates every tenet of the NY state tradition", Cuomo told reporters, standing next to Israeli President Reuven Rivlin during a tour of Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial centre.
White House aides told to preserve materials in Russian Federation probe
But Sessions also revealed that he had, in fact, met with Russian officials twice before he officially endorsed Trump. The House Intelligence Committee set the scope of its own investigation into Russia's interference on Monday.
The taxpayer-funded trip, which included six government aides, also included an announcement by Cuomo that Israel and NY will create a commission to strengthen economic and cultural ties.
" The second objective of this trip is 'Hineini, ' I am here, I have been here before, and I will be here again", he added.
Cuomo, who returns to New York Monday, will also meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, tour the Western Wall and attend a security briefing at Jerusalem's Old City Police Headquarters.
"New York and Israel have always shared a deep cultural, social and economic bond and I am proud that we are working to make our partnership stronger than ever before", he said, in announcing the launch of the new forum.
Cuomo last visited Israel in the wake of the 2014 Gaza War, also on a whirlwind 24-hour trip.
- Oil Hits Three-Week Low on Record-High Inventories
- Justin Thomas makes LONG hole-in-one to tie WGC-Mexico lead
- USA to temporarily suspend premium processing of H1-B visas
- Is the Bentley Bentayga Mulliner the most luxurious SUV in the world?
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- FCC votes to block internet privacy rule
- David Haye Released From Hospital Following Tony Bellew Fight
- General says Russian Federation almost bombed United States forces in Syria in ISIS fight
- Conservative Davidson says 'no popular support' for independence vote
- Seven Baltimore Cops Indicted on Federal Racketeering Charges