Cuomo, seen as a possible Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, is governor of a state with a large Jewish population.
Andrew Cuomo said Sunday that a recent rash of anti-Semitic acts in the United States was "reprehensible" and his state would have no tolerance for them. "New York´s principles were built on a rock", Cuomo added.
But the New York governor's trip also renewed speculation about his presidential aspirations, with two worldwide news outlets - the New York Times and Wall Street Journal - examining his national prospects in their coverage of the trip.
"We have made it clear that there will be no tolerance for these acts of antisemitism", he said.
The comments followed a series of vandalism attacks at Jewish cemeteries and more than 120 bomb threats to Jewish organizations in three dozen states since early January.
"It is disgusting, it is reprehensible, it violates every tenet of the NY state tradition", Cuomo told reporters, standing next to Israeli President Reuven Rivlin during a tour of Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial centre.
China to increase defence budget by 7%
The country registered the slowest economic growth in 26 years, which political leaders have labelled "the new normal". Trump's proposal for raising US military spending, saying only that the Pentagon budget was already huge.
The taxpayer-funded trip, which included six government aides, also included an announcement by Cuomo that Israel and NY will create a commission to strengthen economic and cultural ties.
" The second objective of this trip is 'Hineini, ' I am here, I have been here before, and I will be here again", he added.
Cuomo, who returns to New York Monday, will also meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, tour the Western Wall and attend a security briefing at Jerusalem's Old City Police Headquarters.
"New York and Israel have always shared a deep cultural, social and economic bond and I am proud that we are working to make our partnership stronger than ever before", he said, in announcing the launch of the new forum.
Cuomo last visited Israel in the wake of the 2014 Gaza War, also on a whirlwind 24-hour trip.
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- Seven Baltimore Cops Indicted on Federal Racketeering Charges
- Pence calls on AP to apologize over wife's publicized email
- Is the Bentley Bentayga Mulliner the most luxurious SUV in the world?
- #WheresTheBill: Congress on goose chase to find secret GOP health bill
- You're going to be obsessed with Lorde's new single "Green Light"
- Chelsea Extends Victor Moses Contract
- USA to temporarily suspend premium processing of H1-B visas
- FCC votes to block internet privacy rule
- What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)