Mahadeshwar, a three-time Sena corproator from suburban Santacruz, said he would try to tackle these issues with the collective efforts of all parties.
Mumbai: Shiv Sena candidate Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has been appointed as Mumbai's Mayor on Wednesday.
While both parties managed to include more corporators into their fold since then, they fell short of the magical figure of 114 seats, which is required to win a clear majority and elect a Mayor. Uddhav Thackeray-led Shiv Sena won 84 seats of the 227 seats in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation elections happened in February, while the BJP finished second with 82 seats.
BJP, Shiv Sena indulged in heated sloganeering against each other during the mayoral elections.
Away from Mumbai, the BJP swept Maharashtra, with victories in Pune, Nagpur, Amravati, Akola, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Pimpri-Chinchwad and Nashik.
Replying to a petition moved against him in the small causes court by two rival candidates alleging suppression of information while filing nomination for BMC polls, Mahadeshwar said he has not received any notices regarding it.
Pence calls on AP to apologize over wife's publicized email
Many called the vice president a hypocrite after his criticism of Clinton's private email server during the 2016 campaign season. The emails and the successful hack of Pence's email account were first reported Thursday night by The Indianapolis Star .
On the political front, he will have to face an aggressive BJP, which has just two members less than Sena in the civic house.
Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis had announced last week that the BJP corporators would vote for the Sena nominee if required.
As the BJP has 82 corporators in the BMC, it will get equal representation in the standing, education, improvement and BEST committees. The final tally saw Mahadeshwar winning 171 out of 218 votes - made by a show of hands.
The mayoral election was conducted by current mayor Snehal Ambekar.
Mahadeshwar, 56, a former principal of Raje Sambhaji Vidyalaya and Junior College in Mumbai, was elected from the Bandra ward in the recent civic elections. However, the Konkan Divisional Caste Scrutiny Committee said it was unable to establish that he was actually from the Vaishyawani caste.
- Subway says new study proves its chicken is chicken
- Mark Hunt KOd by Alistair Overeem
- Real Madrid take 22 footballers to Italy for Napoli game
- Logan Slices To The Top Of The Box Office Weekend
- Production Honda Civic Type R Finally Debuts With 306 HP
- Justin Thomas makes LONG hole-in-one to tie WGC-Mexico lead
- Donegal Senator joins Sinn Fein party at Stormont ahead of negotiations
- Some in local Jewish community support Gov. Cuomo's trip to Israel
- What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release