This comes after law enforcement agencies across the USA are reported that AT&T customers experienced an outage Wednesday evening.
Sumter County Sheriff's Office cites media reports in suggesting AT&T users call the non-emergency number if they run into a problem.
However, AT&T, the second-biggest wireless carrier in the United States, did not reveal the reason behind the outage or how many customers were affected.
The Whitfield County 911 Center reported their 911 service has not been working.
"We apologize to those who were affected", the company tweeted.
Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
Chitwood said Monday that he planned to request that an additional charge of recklessly endangering another person be added. As the 52-year-old bends over she spies the recently installed security camera and freezes momentarily.
"Aware of issue affecting some calls to 911 for wireless customers".
AT&T said the issue was resolved at 10:30 p.m. "We will fully investigate this outage and determine the root cause and its impact".
AT&T has not offered any details regarding the extent of the outage or what caused it in the first place.
Customers in Denver and Lakewood were among those affected, but the problem was as far-flung as Chicopee, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. according to police there. The warnings started around 5:49 PM when the Monongalia County Homeland Security Emergency Management Agency in West Virginia posted an alert on Facebook.
The issue was limited to AT&T phones and not a 911 issue. They offered alternatives for those looking to contact emergency services.
- Dwayne Allen to be traded to Patriots
- GM sale of Opel to PSA to be announced Monday
- David Haye Released From Hospital Following Tony Bellew Fight
- Bilic keen to learn from West Ham's turbulent season
- Mark Hunt KOd by Alistair Overeem
- US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8
- Justin Thomas makes LONG hole-in-one to tie WGC-Mexico lead
- Supreme Court Sends Gavin Grimm Transgender Rights Case Back to Appeals Court
- Cummings, Trump meeting on drug prices back on
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis: Verdasco takes positives from final