This comes after law enforcement agencies across the USA are reported that AT&T customers experienced an outage Wednesday evening.
Sumter County Sheriff's Office cites media reports in suggesting AT&T users call the non-emergency number if they run into a problem.
However, AT&T, the second-biggest wireless carrier in the United States, did not reveal the reason behind the outage or how many customers were affected.
The Whitfield County 911 Center reported their 911 service has not been working.
"We apologize to those who were affected", the company tweeted.
Dwayne Allen to be traded to Patriots
Bennett, who is a free agent, played a big role for the Patriots after Rob Gronkowski suffered a season-ending back injury. Roughly 24 hours prior to the opening of free agency, the Patriots are making a major splash in the trade market.
"Aware of issue affecting some calls to 911 for wireless customers".
AT&T said the issue was resolved at 10:30 p.m. "We will fully investigate this outage and determine the root cause and its impact".
AT&T has not offered any details regarding the extent of the outage or what caused it in the first place.
Customers in Denver and Lakewood were among those affected, but the problem was as far-flung as Chicopee, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. according to police there. The warnings started around 5:49 PM when the Monongalia County Homeland Security Emergency Management Agency in West Virginia posted an alert on Facebook.
The issue was limited to AT&T phones and not a 911 issue. They offered alternatives for those looking to contact emergency services.
- Man with axe 'injures several in Dusseldorf train station rampage'
- US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8
- What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)
- Real Madrid take 22 footballers to Italy for Napoli game
- USA to temporarily suspend premium processing of H1-B visas
- Chelsea Extends Victor Moses Contract
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- China to increase defence budget by 7%
- Logan Slices To The Top Of The Box Office Weekend
- Justin Thomas makes LONG hole-in-one to tie WGC-Mexico lead