This comes after law enforcement agencies across the USA are reported that AT&T customers experienced an outage Wednesday evening.
Sumter County Sheriff's Office cites media reports in suggesting AT&T users call the non-emergency number if they run into a problem.
However, AT&T, the second-biggest wireless carrier in the United States, did not reveal the reason behind the outage or how many customers were affected.
The Whitfield County 911 Center reported their 911 service has not been working.
"We apologize to those who were affected", the company tweeted.
Here's the latest on the Patriots' reported asking price for Jimmy Garoppolo
With the Ravens offering a first- and second-round pick, the Redskins added a third-rounder and the deal was done. In addition to Cleveland, both the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers have have been linked to Garoppolo.
"Aware of issue affecting some calls to 911 for wireless customers".
AT&T said the issue was resolved at 10:30 p.m. "We will fully investigate this outage and determine the root cause and its impact".
AT&T has not offered any details regarding the extent of the outage or what caused it in the first place.
Customers in Denver and Lakewood were among those affected, but the problem was as far-flung as Chicopee, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. according to police there. The warnings started around 5:49 PM when the Monongalia County Homeland Security Emergency Management Agency in West Virginia posted an alert on Facebook.
The issue was limited to AT&T phones and not a 911 issue. They offered alternatives for those looking to contact emergency services.
- Mark Hunt KOd by Alistair Overeem
- Pence calls on AP to apologize over wife's publicized email
- Shiv Sena's Vishwanath Mahadeshwar elected as the BMC Mayor
- Logan Slices To The Top Of The Box Office Weekend
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis: Verdasco takes positives from final
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- Justin Thomas makes LONG hole-in-one to tie WGC-Mexico lead
- Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
- Donegal Senator joins Sinn Fein party at Stormont ahead of negotiations
- Man with axe 'injures several in Dusseldorf train station rampage'