Police in Germany sealed off Duesseldorf's main railway station late on Thursday evening following reports of an axe attack.
He killed 12 people, including the lorry's registered Polish driver, and was shot dead four days later in Italy after firing first at police there.
Earlier, Bruno Macedo tweeted from a train stuck outside the station: "Man with axe chased by police in Dusseldorf".
Chris Bucher is a sports, politics and general news contributor to Heavy.
Mark Hunt KOd by Alistair Overeem
All these guys that cheat should be the ones that should be put out on a pedestal like 'that guy's a cheat.' He shouldn't be here. The pair first clashed in November as they battled to a majority draw, which saw Woodley retain the belt.
Police spokesman Rainer Kerstiens told The Associated Press that around five people were hurt.
A police spokesman said more suspected attackers are believed to be at large. The rail station remained shut down, he added.
An amateur video apparently shot from the scene showed a shell-shocked eye-witness walking around blood stained floors as police tended to a wounded person on the ground.
Terrified passengers have taken to social media to say the situation inside the station "looks bad".
- David Haye Released From Hospital Following Tony Bellew Fight
- US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8
- Hawaiian Airlines plane diverts to Los Angeles over blanket incident
- Tune In Sunday For WWE 'Fastlane' Live Results And Recap
- Bilic keen to learn from West Ham's turbulent season
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis: Verdasco takes positives from final
- Logan Slices To The Top Of The Box Office Weekend
- GM sale of Opel to PSA to be announced Monday
- Chelsea Extends Victor Moses Contract