Police in Germany sealed off Duesseldorf's main railway station late on Thursday evening following reports of an axe attack.
He killed 12 people, including the lorry's registered Polish driver, and was shot dead four days later in Italy after firing first at police there.
Earlier, Bruno Macedo tweeted from a train stuck outside the station: "Man with axe chased by police in Dusseldorf".
Chris Bucher is a sports, politics and general news contributor to Heavy.
US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8
Honduras, the victor of January's Copa Centroamericana are seeded in Group A and will face Costa Rica, French Guiana and Canada. A third-place finish would see the United States play at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. on Thursday, July 20.
Police spokesman Rainer Kerstiens told The Associated Press that around five people were hurt.
A police spokesman said more suspected attackers are believed to be at large. The rail station remained shut down, he added.
An amateur video apparently shot from the scene showed a shell-shocked eye-witness walking around blood stained floors as police tended to a wounded person on the ground.
Terrified passengers have taken to social media to say the situation inside the station "looks bad".
- China to increase defence budget by 7%
- Mother allegedly tried to drown two sons in Murray River
- Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
- Production Honda Civic Type R Finally Debuts With 306 HP
- Tune In Sunday For WWE 'Fastlane' Live Results And Recap
- Hawaiian Airlines plane diverts to Los Angeles over blanket incident
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- Donegal Senator joins Sinn Fein party at Stormont ahead of negotiations
- David Haye Released From Hospital Following Tony Bellew Fight
- What are analysts Suggestions on: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)