In an exchange on Twitter with Australian entrepreneur Mike Cannon-Brookes, Musk said the U.S. electric vehicle and battery giant would deliver the batteries for free if the self-imposed 100-day target is not met.
In a Twitter exchange with Australian billionaire Mike Cannon-Brookes, the CEO of silicon valley start-up Atlassian, Musk assured he was serious following a previous vow from a Tesla executive (via Guardian).
Elon Musk offered to end an energy crisis Down Under Friday by installing a 100 megawatt battery park in South Australia, and promised to deliver the project within 100 days or give it away for free.
Musk has a good reason to be confident with his 100-day time limit.
Mass Effect Andromeda Launch Trailer Arrives for Serious Galactic Hype
Despite the game being a few weeks away from launch, the developers have gone ahead and released the trailer anyways. Just 11 days before it's release date, Bioware unveiled the official launch trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Cannon-Brookes replied: "You're on mate".
South Australia is among several states affected by recent heatwaves, which have placed strain upon the state's renewable energy dependent power networks, triggering blackouts.
Cannon-Brookes volunteered to help provide funding and lobbying for the project's political support. Considering the state of Southern Australia is in fact under the tight grips of an energy crisis, the offer does seem all the more appealing. Tesla does have previous experience in this space, getting a 80MWh battery plant installed in California in just 90 days.
Tesla had been promoting its Powerwall 2 and Powerpack 2 battery products in Australia this week.
Given the progress in Tesla's new Gigafactory in Nevada, Rive believes the feat could be achieved in 100 days.
Musk said it would cost $250 per kWh for 100MWh-plus systems, not including shipment and other charges.
- Fault running from San Diego to LA could cause 7.3 magnitude quake
- Hawaiian Airlines plane diverts to Los Angeles over blanket incident
- Dwayne Allen to be traded to Patriots
- Hundreds of Radioactive Boars in Fukushima Thwart Residents' Plans to Return Home
- Shiv Sena's Vishwanath Mahadeshwar elected as the BMC Mayor
- Akhilesh hints at tie-up between SP-Cong alliance and BSP?
- Real Madrid take 22 footballers to Italy for Napoli game
- Bilic keen to learn from West Ham's turbulent season
- Here's the latest on the Patriots' reported asking price for Jimmy Garoppolo
- Donegal Senator joins Sinn Fein party at Stormont ahead of negotiations