Calls to the Minneapolis law firm Fredrikson and Byron, which is handling the case for Gander Mountain to learn which stores would be closed were not returned in time for this story. A spokesman provided the closure list, which includes two Wisconsin stores, Eau Claire and Germantown.
Two of Gander Mountain's chief competitors, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, joined forces in a $5.5 billion deal past year. It posed a letter on its Facebook page Friday afternoon, saying that Gander Mountain employees would do everything they can to make the process "invisible and inconsequential" to customers. The company also has Milwaukee-area stores in Waukesha, Franklin and Kenosha.
The filing wasn't a surprise.
The company is discussing terms with several interested potential buyers and expects to auction off the company sometime in late April.
Shiv Sena's Vishwanath Mahadeshwar elected as the BMC Mayor
Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis had announced last week that the BJP corporators would vote for the Sena nominee if required. On the political front, he will have to face an aggressive BJP, which has just two members less than Sena in the civic house.
Gander Mountain was founded in 1960 in Wilmot, an unincorporated community in Kenosha County, as a catalog retailer.
"The company expects to submit the winning bid to the Court for approval in early May and anticipates a closing of the sale by May 15", the company said.
The Minnesota-based hunting, fishing, and camping gear retail store at 701 E. Central Texas Expressway in Killeen and 2701 S. Jack Kultgen Expressway in Waco are among eight other stores in Texas closing their doors. Its reorganization plan calls for the sale of the company.
For more local news, follow MySheboygan.com on Facebook and Twitter.
- Nicki Minaj Plays to Her Marketing Strengths Against Remy Ma
- FCC probing AT&T Wednesday night 911 outage
- Here's the latest on the Patriots' reported asking price for Jimmy Garoppolo
- Akhilesh hints at tie-up between SP-Cong alliance and BSP?
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- Donegal Senator joins Sinn Fein party at Stormont ahead of negotiations
- Cummings, Trump meeting on drug prices back on
- Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
- Man with axe 'injures several in Dusseldorf train station rampage'
- Elon Musk has another ambitious energy project and this time it's free