In order to make sure that our future is one with sustainable energy, then there must be renewable energy around the clock to be available for everyone to use.
Energy from the sun will now be powering homes on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, even in the middle of the night. Well, that would mean reverting to fossil fuels so that the island has energy to use at night.
American automaker and energy storage firm Tesla has unveiled its first big solar energy storage project, the SolarCity. To this end, the Kauai solar project has its own 52-megawatt-hour battery installation to store the electricity produced by the 13-megawatt SolarCity solar farm built on the island, according to a report by The Verge.
Tesla is now beginning to cover the power needs of the Hawaiian island of Kauai, using a solar collection facility and battery-backed power. In total, nearly 55,000 solar panels are spread across 50 acres of land to provide 52MWh of energy storage capabilities. What makes it lovely is the fact that this solar farm is so strategically located, it captures energy from the sun in peak daytime production hours, before the power is sent out for peak consumption hours at night.
Alex Rodriguez And Jennifer Lopez "Keeping Company"
Page Six also reported that J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez are now an item. "They have been dating for a few weeks", the source said . After being married to devoted Mets fan Marc Anthony, and after a post-divorce relationship, she found Drake , son of The 6.
Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) has been slowly and gradually moving toward solar products and recently launched its Powerpack 2 to provide solar energy to people.
Tesla Chief Technical Officer JB Straubel attributed analyst scepticism to the fact that solar and energy storage form a new market. Since there's no natural gas pipeline or rail line to haul in coal, islands like Kauai in Hawaii have traditionally generated electricity by shipping in many barrels of diesel fuel.
Much of renewable energy generation is intermittent: wind and solar power generation peaks are often around times of low demand.
- Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
- FCC probing AT&T Wednesday night 911 outage
- Elon Musk has another ambitious energy project and this time it's free
- German shopping centre shut by police over attack fears
- When is the premiere of 'Game of Thrones' season 7?
- Afghan family detained in Los Angeles are asking for release
- Nicki Minaj Plays to Her Marketing Strengths Against Remy Ma
- US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8
- Google acquires Kaggle in data science drive
- Akhilesh hints at tie-up between SP-Cong alliance and BSP?