"It's still close to being signed - maybe I need to sign that contract then we can finish with all the stories", Koeman told Sky Sports News.
Barkley has five assists in his last eight games - only Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson has more in 2017 - and beginning to impose himself on matches more regularly.
It was at the mid-point of that bout that the advantage turned in Bellew's favour when Haye picked up an injury, though there was little chance of a similarly-timed momentum swing for the Baggies despite Baines' withdrawal ahead of the second half. "If you win we come closer and that is the most important".
Probably viewed as a rather unlikely battle at the start of the season, Everton extended the gap on their seventh-place rivals West Brom - as tension continues to build towards the final stretch of the campaign.
"His back meant he could not move anymore", Koeman said.
"The first objective is for Saturday, to win the game and make the distance to seven points".
Nicki Minaj Plays to Her Marketing Strengths Against Remy Ma
Tell us whose side you're on: Remy Ma and Meek Mill's, or Nicki Minaj's! I always want to do some girl-oriented thing. The " Anaconda " rapper defended her almost two-weeks-late response by referring to the rappers who came before her.
"I can see him doing very well if he keeps his head on his shoulders and being one of the main men in the England squad for sure".
The playmaker has been accused of inconsistency in recent years, and he was briefly left out of the Everton side by Ronald Koeman earlier this term, but it only seems to have brought the best out of him.
"The next step needs to be for next season". Koeman's side returned to winning ways having lost to Tottenham last weekend which had ended their nine-match unbeaten run.
However, Koeman does not believe that will affect his players and instead said he thought it provided a timely reminder of where Everton now are.
"What we like is that strikers find the best position at the time in the game and normally that is around the box".
"We know Tottenham are a really strong team".
- Rangers players made me proud after Celtic performance, says Graeme Murty
- Daycare worker accused of pushing 4-year-old girl down stairs
- Turkey warns Netherlands of 'severe sanctions'
- Gander Mountain to close stores in Killeen, Waco
- Hawaiian Airlines plane diverts to Los Angeles over blanket incident
- Ciara Reportedly Involved in Car Crash in LA
- FCC probing AT&T Wednesday night 911 outage
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launch Trailer Arrives for Serious Galactic Hype
- Hundreds of Radioactive Boars in Fukushima Thwart Residents' Plans to Return Home
- US to open CONCACAF Gold Cup against Panama on July 8