This prequel would already appear to have a large amount of back story, simply because so much is already known about Sheldon Cooper's (Parsons) past - that he was raised in Texas, had a close relationship with his grandfather ("Pop-pop"), and was a child prodigy. He has an older brother George (Raegan Revord), a fraternal twin sister Missy (Montana Jordan), devout Evangelical Christian mum Mary and an alcoholic father, George Cooper (Lance Barber), who was never around.
CBS on Monday confirmed it has ordered a "Big Bang Theory" prequel series centering a nine-year-old Sheldon Cooper, who is portrayed by Jim Parsons in the flagship series. Zoe Perry will play his mother, which is appropriate since Perry's real-life mother Laurie Metcalf now plays Sheldon's mom on The Big Bang Theory.
FCC probing AT&T Wednesday night 911 outage
AT&T has not offered any details regarding the extent of the outage or what caused it in the first place. They offered alternatives for those looking to contact emergency services.
Parsons will narrate the offshoot and also serve as an EP, along with Big Bang co-creator Chuck Lorre, current showrunner Steve Molaro and Todd Spiewak. It's the first pickup of a new show for CBS this development season. In an era of dwindling mass-audience TV hits, spinoffs are seen as a proven way to keep bankable franchises going. Now it's just a show about guys who can't do what they love because their significant others say it isn't "normal". A renewal would take the popular comedy into its 11th and 12th seasons. He also has Netflix comedy Disjointed, starring Kathy Bates, set as part of his massive overall deal with Warner Bros. It joins ABC's Marvel drama Inhumans, produced in partnership with Imax; ABC's Ten Days in the Valley; Fox's Seth MacFarlane dramedy Orville; and NBC's Will and Grace revival.
- Adele stops Sydney gig because of fan's cardiac arrest
- Trump to host Chinese president at Mar-a-Lago
- Alex Rodriguez And Jennifer Lopez "Keeping Company"
- German shopping centre shut by police over attack fears
- WH Spokesman: Trump Doesn't Really Think 'Obama Tapped His Phone Personally'
- Durban loses 2022 Commonwealth Games: Liverpool to step in?
- Nebraska unemployment rate remains unchanged for January
- Fault running from San Diego to LA could cause 7.3 magnitude quake
- Ciara Reportedly Involved in Car Crash in LA
- Nicki Minaj Plays to Her Marketing Strengths Against Remy Ma