The Indiana Department of Workforce Development says, despite a loss of 2,200 private sector jobs in January, the rate remained at 4 percent. The area's unemployment rate was 3.4 percent in January 2016.
2,098 in January, pushing the unemployment rate down to 3.8 percent. Despite the decline, the area's job growth rate past year was well ahead of the 2.3 percent statewide average and second-fastest in the state behind Fort Collins. The number of unemployed was down 1,300 over the year to 24,300.
One private industry showing the most growth was services, which includes fix and maintenance; personal and laundry services; and religious, grantmaking, civic and professional organizations. Mining and logging, and manufacturing declined over the year.
The state has seen a growth in employment, with 3,890 more employees employed in January of 2017 than in January of 2016. It was tied with the second fastest such rate in financial activities (up 5.5 percent) in January. Nationally, unemployment dropped to 4.7 percent in figures released last week. "Previously, we had a declining unemployment rate because people were dropping out of the labor force".
Koeman ready to sign Lukaku's contract for him!
Koeman's side returned to winning ways having lost to Tottenham last weekend which had ended their nine-match unbeaten run.
"We're seeing an uptick in wages and it wouldn't surprise me if it went up again, maybe as much as half a point as more people enter the workforce during what is traditionally our biggest part of the season", he said.
IN had the 16th lowest jobless rate nationally in January, and was tied with Minnesota for the 6th lowest out of the Midwestern states. "This is great news, but eventually we will be in a labor shortage unless we are able to train people for the relevant jobs".
Shelby County had the state's lowest unemployment rate at 5 percent, while Wilcox County had the highest jobless rate at 17.1 percent.
- Nicki Minaj Plays to Her Marketing Strengths Against Remy Ma
- Vine Young set to sign with team in Canada
- Fault running from San Diego to LA could cause 7.3 magnitude quake
- Tesla Built A Huge Solar Battery Plant On The Island Of Kauai
- Elon Musk has another ambitious energy project and this time it's free
- Akhilesh hints at tie-up between SP-Cong alliance and BSP?
- Rangers players made me proud after Celtic performance, says Graeme Murty
- 'Big Bang Theory' spinoff, 'Young Sheldon,' ordered by CBS
- German shopping centre shut by police over attack fears
- WH Spokesman: Trump Doesn't Really Think 'Obama Tapped His Phone Personally'