The 2017 World Baseball Classic second-round pool play is underway and the United States gets its first taste of the action on Wednesday night.
In a one-game tiebreaker that determined the final team to advance out of the first round, Cabrera's solo shot to right-center evened the score at 2 in the top of the ninth. But because Mexico gave up five runs in the bottom of the ninth inning in a loss to Italy last Thursday without recording an out, that inning did not count, despite that Mexico was in the field that inning.
Tuesday's schedule will see Starling Marte, Gregory Polanco and the Dominican Republic take on Team Puerto Rico at 9:00 PM on MLB Network.
Not too many people showed up at Charros de Jalisco Stadium in Guadalajara for Monday night's game between Italy and Venezuela at the World Baseball Classic. Not only have there been some very good games early on, but there has been a playoff-type atmosphere during numerous matchups. Now it's the other two teams facing off, as Venezuela - fresh off barely surviving a tiebreaker game against Italy - gets USA.
Mexico, of course, was knocked out of the tournament over a controversial tiebreaker rule.
Post-firing, NY prosecutor's office likely to plot similar course
The Justice Department confirmed that Mr Bharara was no longer serving in the position and declined further comment. Was Bahara part of a broader overhaul, or were 46 U.S.
Italy regained the lead though in the seventh with Andreoli's home run.
Wladimir Balentien, who plays in Japan, also had a big night at the plate, driving in three runs.
The decision hinged on a key ruling regarding average runs conceded per inning in head-to-head group play.
Los Angeles Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda struck out seven in 3⅔ innings, and the only hit he gave up was a home run by Albert Pujols in a 3-1 win over the crosstown rival Angels.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE:VRX) Stock current Trends Analysis
- German shopping centre shut by police over attack fears
- Mass Effect Andromeda Launch Trailer Arrives for Serious Galactic Hype
- Trump authorises Central Intelligence Agency to launch drone strikes against terrorists
- Donta Hightower re-signs with the New England Patriots
- Elon Musk has another ambitious energy project and this time it's free
- Kerala Congress chief VM Sudheeran resigns from post for health reasons
- New Michael Brown video raises questions
- Rangers players made me proud after Celtic performance, says Graeme Murty
- BJP and Allies Set to Form Government in Manipur