The 2017 World Baseball Classic second-round pool play is underway and the United States gets its first taste of the action on Wednesday night.
In a one-game tiebreaker that determined the final team to advance out of the first round, Cabrera's solo shot to right-center evened the score at 2 in the top of the ninth. But because Mexico gave up five runs in the bottom of the ninth inning in a loss to Italy last Thursday without recording an out, that inning did not count, despite that Mexico was in the field that inning.
Tuesday's schedule will see Starling Marte, Gregory Polanco and the Dominican Republic take on Team Puerto Rico at 9:00 PM on MLB Network.
Not too many people showed up at Charros de Jalisco Stadium in Guadalajara for Monday night's game between Italy and Venezuela at the World Baseball Classic. Not only have there been some very good games early on, but there has been a playoff-type atmosphere during numerous matchups. Now it's the other two teams facing off, as Venezuela - fresh off barely surviving a tiebreaker game against Italy - gets USA.
Mexico, of course, was knocked out of the tournament over a controversial tiebreaker rule.
Gander Mountain to close stores in Killeen, Waco
Two of Gander Mountain's chief competitors, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's , joined forces in a $5.5 billion deal past year . A spokesman provided the closure list, which includes two Wisconsin stores, Eau Claire and Germantown.
Italy regained the lead though in the seventh with Andreoli's home run.
Wladimir Balentien, who plays in Japan, also had a big night at the plate, driving in three runs.
The decision hinged on a key ruling regarding average runs conceded per inning in head-to-head group play.
Los Angeles Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda struck out seven in 3⅔ innings, and the only hit he gave up was a home run by Albert Pujols in a 3-1 win over the crosstown rival Angels.
- Colton Haynes announces engagement on Instagram
- Tesla Built A Huge Solar Battery Plant On The Island Of Kauai
- Post-firing, NY prosecutor's office likely to plot similar course
- Turkey Claims to Have Killed 71 US-Backed Kurds in Syria Attacks
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE:VRX) Stock current Trends Analysis
- Durban loses 2022 Commonwealth Games: Liverpool to step in?
- Oil prices drop to three-months lows
- WH Spokesman: Trump Doesn't Really Think 'Obama Tapped His Phone Personally'
- BJP and Allies Set to Form Government in Manipur
- Jamie Vardy warns Sevilla: Leicester will be a different proposition at home