Mar. 14 (ANI): South African off-spinner Dane Piedt has been added to the squad for the third Test against New Zealand, beginning March 25 in Hamilton.
But he doesn't command the same respect as Taylor and New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson, who notched up his 16th Test century in the drawn first Test in Dunedin last week.
"It's important for us to put pressure on him, not make him feel comfortable and not giving him easy boundaries and runs so he settles". "From a bowling perspective Boult is a huge loss". While Tim Southee will return to take Boult's place it seems unlikely that the Black Caps will play two spinners on what appears to be a green top in Wellington.
"There's still a couple of question marks around a couple of players". A twin-spin attack would appear unlikely - the last time New Zealand did that at the Basin Reserve was in 2000 - which leaves Mitchell Santner vulnerable to either Colin de Grandhomnme, who would be a straight swap at No. 8, or Matt Henry who lengthen the tail.
Oil prices drop to three-months lows
The national average has already started to totter, while SC - one of the cheapest states in the USA - is holding below $2/gal. Recently, both production and exports in the USA have hit record highs of around 9 million barrels a day, respectively.
South Africa were unchanged from the side that drew the first game in Dunedin in which the final day was washed out with the match delicately poised.
Also in Patel's favour was having claimed Quinton de Kock's wicket in his past four innings, although du Plessis said the prodigious young gloveman did not consider himself Patel's bunny.
With the first Test a stalemate, Wellington is effectively the start of a two-Test series which du Plessis said heightened the need to get a result. "He's a guy who's not scared of a challenge", du Plessis said.
- Rangers players made me proud after Celtic performance, says Graeme Murty
- Durban loses 2022 Commonwealth Games: Liverpool to step in?
- German shopping centre shut by police over attack fears
- Adrian Gonzalez Says He'll Never Play in World Baseball Classic Again
- Elon Musk has another ambitious energy project and this time it's free
- 'Big Bang Theory' spinoff, 'Young Sheldon,' ordered by CBS
- Turkey Claims to Have Killed 71 US-Backed Kurds in Syria Attacks
- Gander Mountain to close stores in Killeen, Waco
- Post-firing, NY prosecutor's office likely to plot similar course
- Jamie Vardy warns Sevilla: Leicester will be a different proposition at home