"'Beauty and the Beast' is the latest example of Disney's perfectly executed strategy of going to their animation vaults, dusting off a classic and reinventing it as a modern live-action movie", said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at comScore.
The 37-year-old actor says he had lost touch with how fantastic the journey of the antagonist in the Bill Condon film was, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
With an estimated $180 million internationally, the global opening reached estimated $350 million for the #2 March debut of all-time both globally and internationally.
Beauty And The Beast now has the biggest opening ever for a musical in the United Kingdom, ahead of Universal's Les Miserables (£8.13m).
Boult ruled out of second Test against South Africa
South Africa were unchanged from the side that drew the first game in Dunedin in which the final day was washed out with the match delicately poised.
Emma Watson is set to net a cool $15 million following the news that Beauty And The Beast is breaking all sets of records worldwide.
Disney's live-action remake of "Beauty and the Beast" blasted through box office records to open with an estimated 170 million US dollars in North American ticket sales and 180 million USA dollars overseas. Domestically, IMAX represented seven of the film's top 10 locations.
The British actress was reportedly given an upfront pay cheque of $3 million (£2.4 million) but depending on how well the movie goes over with audiences, sources are suggesting that she could take home up five times that amount.
As summer blockbuster-type movies keep pushing earlier and earlier into March and April it's only natural that the box office records for those months will also get pushed.
- UK Parliament passes Brexit bill
- Syrian Army Claims It Shot Down Israeli Jet After Raid Near Palmyra
- Sizing John wins Cheltenham Gold Cup in thrilling race
- Roberto Firmino returns to Liverpool team against Manchester City
- Trump Orders Review on Fuel-Efficiency Standards
- Syrian rebels, families begin leaving Homs district in deal with govt
- Oil prices drop to three-months lows
- New Michael Brown video raises questions
- Nedved relishing 'fascinating' 2015 final repeat against Barca
- Notre Dame vs. Princeton: Score and Twitter Reaction from March Madness 2017