Some of the tweets were in support of President Trump and one said that rapper Tyler the Creator died.
ABC quickly caught the hack and the deleted tweets, then tweeted from their PR account around 7am to say they were working to address the issue. Here are a few examples.
Another claimed the accounts were taken over by Russian hackers who love the president.
Numerous tweets praised President Trump.
Florida Gov. Removes State Attorney From Death Penalty Case
On Monday, Scott signed a bill that required a unanimous jury recommendation to hand down the death penalty. The state attorney, Aramis Ayala , announced they will not seek the death penalty when Loyd goes to trial.
ABC News declined further comment and directed TheWrap to its statement on Twitter.
The social media accounts for ABC News, Good Morning America and GMA's GMA Pop News were all hacked, ABC confirmed on Thursday.
Numerous tweets were in Turkish and included references to Nazism.
The situation was not as nasty as in January when a breach in a New York Times Twitter account resulted in an untrue tweet about a Russian missile attack against the USA being posted before being quickly deleted.
- The Sea Turtle That Ate 915 Coins Has Died
- Better Battery Life, Faster and Informed Updates
- RB Christine Michael re-signs with Packers
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Drop By Average Of 2 Cents
- Tillerson disputes reports that he shortened South Korea trip because of 'fatigue'
- Rihanna Critiques Her Performance on 'Bates Motel': 'This Is So Weird'
- Canadian Solar Inc. Bottom Line Drops 77% In Q4
- Donald Trump Jr just had the worst response to the Westminster attack
- Southgate looks to steer England into calmer waters
- Kim Kardashian Tells Paris Robbery Story Tonight on 'KUWTK'