Some of the tweets were in support of President Trump and one said that rapper Tyler the Creator died.
ABC quickly caught the hack and the deleted tweets, then tweeted from their PR account around 7am to say they were working to address the issue. Here are a few examples.
Another claimed the accounts were taken over by Russian hackers who love the president.
Numerous tweets praised President Trump.
Netflix testing out a "Skip Intro" feature to enable smoother binging
Netflix is constantly trying to improve user experience on the streaming platform, always experimenting with different features. The " skip intro " option may not be the cat's pajamas for every viewer, especially for those binge-watching " The Office ".
ABC News declined further comment and directed TheWrap to its statement on Twitter.
The social media accounts for ABC News, Good Morning America and GMA's GMA Pop News were all hacked, ABC confirmed on Thursday.
Numerous tweets were in Turkish and included references to Nazism.
The situation was not as nasty as in January when a breach in a New York Times Twitter account resulted in an untrue tweet about a Russian missile attack against the USA being posted before being quickly deleted.
- Canadian Solar Inc. Bottom Line Drops 77% In Q4
- IL lawmakers introduce bill to legalize marijuana
- Week 2 of the search for Elizabeth Thomas goes national
- Rihanna Critiques Her Performance on 'Bates Motel': 'This Is So Weird'
- Better Battery Life, Faster and Informed Updates
- Plane crash in South Sudan kills 44
- Roberto Firmino returns to Liverpool team against Manchester City
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Drop By Average Of 2 Cents
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Nabs $350 Million Worldwide
- Florida Gov. Removes State Attorney From Death Penalty Case