Some of the tweets were in support of President Trump and one said that rapper Tyler the Creator died.
ABC quickly caught the hack and the deleted tweets, then tweeted from their PR account around 7am to say they were working to address the issue. Here are a few examples.
Another claimed the accounts were taken over by Russian hackers who love the president.
Numerous tweets praised President Trump.
Tillerson disputes reports that he shortened South Korea trip because of 'fatigue'
Tillerson is also in Beijing to iron out the details of a tentative Florida summit in April between Trump and China's President. Trump placed a "very high value on the communications that have already occurred" between Xi and the United States president.
ABC News declined further comment and directed TheWrap to its statement on Twitter.
The social media accounts for ABC News, Good Morning America and GMA's GMA Pop News were all hacked, ABC confirmed on Thursday.
Numerous tweets were in Turkish and included references to Nazism.
The situation was not as nasty as in January when a breach in a New York Times Twitter account resulted in an untrue tweet about a Russian missile attack against the USA being posted before being quickly deleted.
- Better Battery Life, Faster and Informed Updates
- Germany's Merkel and Japan's Abe Urge Free Trade with Jabs at US
- Netflix testing out a "Skip Intro" feature to enable smoother binging
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Drop By Average Of 2 Cents
- Donald Trump Jr just had the worst response to the Westminster attack
- Kim Kardashian Tells Paris Robbery Story Tonight on 'KUWTK'
- "We deeply apologize": Google bows to advertiser pressure with new hate controls
- French government bonds rally as presidential debate soothes nerves
- Rebels and Syrian regime clash near Damascus
- Canadian Solar Inc. Bottom Line Drops 77% In Q4