Months after a conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton's involvement in a child trafficking ring out of a Washington, D.C., pizzeria blew up from a very fake news story to a real-life shooting, fringe right-wing media outlet Infowars is apologizing for its role in spreading the completely false narrative.
The North Carolina man who fired an assault rifle inside Washington pizzeria Comet Ping Pong last December pleaded guilty to two charges on March 24.
Welch surrendered when he found no evidence to support the rumors, police said.
Authorities say Welch fired multiple shots inside the Comet Ping Pong restaurant December 4, after driving from North Carolina to investigate a conspiracy theory about Democrats harbouring child sex slaves.
Welch remains jailed, and he faces up to a seven-year prison term when sentenced later this year. In doing so, he pleaded guilty to a federal charge of transporting firearms and ammunition across state lines and a local charge of assault with a risky weapon.
RB Christine Michael re-signs with Packers
The 26-year-old had 583 yards and seven touchdowns on 148 carries last season for the Seattle Seahawks and Packers. The Green Bay Packers have reportedly re-signed free agent running back Christine Michael.
He then fired the rifle inside the restaurant with rounds hitting the walls, door and computer. A third charge, firearm possession, was dropped as part of a plea deal.
Welch in December allegedly showed up at the popular pizza restaurant armed with a.38-Caliber Colt revolver and a Colt AR-15 rifle after reading reports online about a supposed sex ring there. He fired three shots inside the business, but no one was hurt.
The pizza shop is at the heart of the conspiracy that ties Hillary Clinton and John Podesta to a child sex ring supposedly run out of the restaurant, and originated from the Clinton Wikileaks emails during the presidential campaign.
Welch told friends he was "sacraficing [sic] the lives of a few for the lives of many" and "standing up against a corrupt system that kidnaps, tortures and rapes babies and children in our own backyard", according to the agreement.
Welch, who has been in custody since his arrest, is scheduled to be sentenced on June 22.
- Rihanna Critiques Her Performance on 'Bates Motel': 'This Is So Weird'
- The ART Advisors LLC Purchases Shares of 29200 Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD)
- Week 2 of the search for Elizabeth Thomas goes national
- Tillerson disputes reports that he shortened South Korea trip because of 'fatigue'
- Southgate looks to steer England into calmer waters
- Yankees SS Gregorius out six weeks
- Kim Kardashian Tells Paris Robbery Story Tonight on 'KUWTK'
- The Duchess Of Cambridge Looked Impeccable In Chanel And McQueen In Paris
- IL lawmakers introduce bill to legalize marijuana
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Drop By Average Of 2 Cents