In a major embarrassment to the 10-month-old CPI (M)-led LDF government, Transport minister A K Saseendran today resigned over an allegation of sexual misconduct after the leakage of his purported phone talks with a woman.
A five-time legislator from the Nationalist Congress Party, the minister announced the resignation at Kozhikode. "I am denying the allegation and welcome any probe".
Is Saseendran's departure the end of woes for LDF govt?
Saseendran, a member of NCP, which is a part of the ruling LDF, said he had already informed Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who he said had not sought his resignation.
Mindy Kaling and Sen
Thinking Cory couldn't get any mushier, he insisted that she lifted worthy and that he would be sending one straight to her door. No word on when or where the two will dine out, but The Auditor will seek to deliver the news when it breaks.likely via Twitter.
Meanwhile, NCP state president Uzhavoor Vijayan said a party meeting would be held tomorrow in view of the developments. It will be given back to Saseendran once he returns after proving his innocence. "Once I become a minister, I will carry out my responsibilities to the best of my abilities", he said. CPM state secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan had also the other day mentioned that the ministerial berth is for the NCP.
The Left Democratic Front government on Monday made a decision to order a judicial probe into the sleaze allegations against A.K. Saseendran, who resigned as transport minister.
A third-time MLA, Chandy represents Kuttanad segment in Alappuzha district in the assembly.
It was a Malayalam news channel that was launched on Sunday, March 26, 2017, that really blew the lid over the issue, airing a tape where only one side of a conversation is heard. The clip doesn't have the woman's voice and the channel has not clarified whether or not the exchange was consensual. So far, none has come forward with a complaint against Saseendran.
- Senate Panel To Again Take Up Appointed Schools Chief Bill
- Bulgaria beats Netherlands 2-0 in World Cup qualifier
- S. Korean prosecutors to seek arrest warrant for ex-president Park
- Judge in Virginia declines to block Trump's new travel ban
- Tracking multiple chances for Severe Weather
- Canada Will Legalize Marijuana By July 1, 2018
- Pope welcomes leaders for EU's 60th birthday, blesses Europe
- Trump notches his 13th golf course visit
- Ricciardo feels for the fans after woeful weekend
- Democrats Will Try to Block Neil Gorsuch Confirmation