News, citing multiple unnamed sources, reported on Tuesday that the DNC requested its current staff members to submit letters of resignation.
The party still is reeling from November's election defeat, and the mass resignations will allow Perez, who was elected party chairman in February, the party's third leader in a year, to remake party headquarters. The report says DNC Chairman Tom Perez has launched an overhaul of the party's organization, following a hard year that included the abrupt resignation of former Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Perez is now taking meetings all over the country, engaging in "active listening" and working to fix and rebuild his party.
The party will now search to fill key posts supervised by around 30 members of the transition advisory committee. "Current and future DNC staff will be integral to that effort".
Senate Panel To Again Take Up Appointed Schools Chief Bill
It seemed the issue would die this year since Senate rules prevent a similar bill from being considered in the same session. The proposal comes after four years of conflict involving Democratic former IN schools chief Glenda Ritz, then-Gov.
The makeover will nevertheless mark yet another period of tumult for the national party, which, throughout the 2016 election was rocked by scandal and plagued by leaks exposing divisions between its left-leaning and center-leaning wings.
In this past year, the DNC has gone through three party leaders. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (Fla.) rigged the 2016 presidential primary contest in favor of Hillary Clinton.
The DNC also needs to sort out roles for its five vice chairs, with whom Perez spent a Friday retreat white-boarding, and Deputy Chair Keith Ellison, Perez' rival-cum-partner.
Perez has requested that all DNC staffers agree to step down by mid-April and is reportedly in the process of finding replacements. Perez told NBC News he's "in active listening mode." "You can't land the plane, shut it down, and close it until further notice".
- Justice League drops new trailer
- Eminem's Daughter Hailie Is All Grown Up - and Stunning! See Her Photos
- Dog Easter Egg Hunt Taking Place in Brown County
- Ford recalls 440K vehicles for fire risk, door latch trouble
- 15 people shot, 1 killed at Cincinnati nightclub
- Browns coach Jackson likes private workouts, not pro days
- You can now share your location with friends in Facebook Messenger
- Students Feared Dead in Japanese Avalanche
- Kerala transport minister quits over sleaze talk
- Bulgaria beats Netherlands 2-0 in World Cup qualifier