News, citing multiple unnamed sources, reported on Tuesday that the DNC requested its current staff members to submit letters of resignation.
The party still is reeling from November's election defeat, and the mass resignations will allow Perez, who was elected party chairman in February, the party's third leader in a year, to remake party headquarters. The report says DNC Chairman Tom Perez has launched an overhaul of the party's organization, following a hard year that included the abrupt resignation of former Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Perez is now taking meetings all over the country, engaging in "active listening" and working to fix and rebuild his party.
The party will now search to fill key posts supervised by around 30 members of the transition advisory committee. "Current and future DNC staff will be integral to that effort".
You can now share your location with friends in Facebook Messenger
The feature will come in handy when you want to tell people how close you are when you're making your way to an appointment. It will show an estimate of long it'll take you to get to others' locations by auto if they share where they are as well.
The makeover will nevertheless mark yet another period of tumult for the national party, which, throughout the 2016 election was rocked by scandal and plagued by leaks exposing divisions between its left-leaning and center-leaning wings.
In this past year, the DNC has gone through three party leaders. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (Fla.) rigged the 2016 presidential primary contest in favor of Hillary Clinton.
The DNC also needs to sort out roles for its five vice chairs, with whom Perez spent a Friday retreat white-boarding, and Deputy Chair Keith Ellison, Perez' rival-cum-partner.
Perez has requested that all DNC staffers agree to step down by mid-April and is reportedly in the process of finding replacements. Perez told NBC News he's "in active listening mode." "You can't land the plane, shut it down, and close it until further notice".
- Tracking multiple chances for Severe Weather
- DIY slime project brutally burns 11-year-old girl, family says
- Windows 10 Creators Update Release Is On April 11
- Senate Panel To Again Take Up Appointed Schools Chief Bill
- NCAA Final Four: It's Pacific Northwest vs. the Carolinas
- Hungry spiders can eat every human on Earth in one year!
- China's militarization of artificial islands nears completion
- Kate Middleton, William welcomed by President Francois Hollande at the Elysée
- Bulgaria beats Netherlands 2-0 in World Cup qualifier
- Dog Easter Egg Hunt Taking Place in Brown County