The storm prediction center now has areas just to the west under a moderate risk.
The primary threats are large hail and damaging wind gusts, but an isolated tornado is also possible. Guerrero suggested owning a weather radio, or being subscribed to a notification service for severe weather updates in Tom Green County.
Though the storm didn't produce any damaging weather early Friday morning, it does have a history of potentially severe side effects: The storm sparked a tornado warning in northwestern SC, but there was no damage reported. Damaging wind gusts, 60 miles per hour or higher, 1-inch or larger hail and isolated tornadoes are all possible, according to the National Weather Service.
The main timing for storms in our area will be between Sunday evening and Monday morning, as of this article written Saturday afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms will continue tracking east Sunday night into parts of the Deep South and along the northern Gulf Coast, including Louisiana, southern Arkansas and Mississippi.
A unsafe severe weather outbreak is expected today. Alabama was expected to be the in path of the storms Monday. Another round of thunderstorms looks likely for Wednesday, and some of those could be on the strong to severe side.
Venezuela court says it can take over Congress' powers
Maduro critics say is an excuse for the government to muzzle opposition during a mounting economic crisis in the oil-rich country. Despite the frenzied activity among opposition activists and foreign diplomats, most Venezuelans seemed in no mood for a fight.
A warm front will move northward through the area during the day, a trailing cold front will move through Monday night.
The remains of a trailer where a woman and her 3-year-old daughter were killed Sunday after a suspected tornado in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
Motorists should use extra caution and prepare for rapid changes in weather and road conditions. Highs were in the low to mid 80s with a full day of sunshine. Rain totals between 1-3 inches will be common with some areas seeing more than 6 inches.
Everyone should have a way to receive weather alerts today in case a warning is issued for your area.
We enjoyed a great weekend, but with our active weather pattern the nice weather only lasts a few days.
- Selena Gomez is 'overwhelmed' by 13 Reasons Why outcome
- GOP lawmaker: Passing healthcare bill would cost House majority
- United Kingdom police still think Westminster attacker acted alone
- IGP rubbishes report Jong Nam mistaken for S Korean
- US boost sanctions pressure on NKorea over nuclear program
- Head of Trump-Russia probe under fire, won't step down
- April Kicks Off With Wintry Mix of Snow and Sleet
- Google Maps channels 'Ms. Pac-Man' for April Fools
- Trump grants US military more authority to attack
- Gibraltar will be 'even more British' after Brexit, says chief minister Picardo