Epps defended the stunt in a social media message that has been deleted.
Fans of Mike Epps are reportedly pissed about the comedian bringing out a kangaroo during his set at the Festival of Laughs comedy tour in Detroit on Friday (Mar 31). In a video of the performance, Epps can be seen grabbing the kangaroo's harness and tugging on the animal while its handler held it still.
"I made a bad decision".
Javon, the handler, told TMZ that the kangaroo wasn't harmed. "When it comes to animals, man, I'm an animal lover man". PETA also says it wants the U.S. Department Of Agriculture to "conduct an immediate investigation" in this event, and it hopes the backlash reminds comedians that "there's nothing amusing about cruelty to animals".
PETA said Epps including a local kangaroo in his stage act caused distress for the innocent animal as it was wrongfully paraded on stage.
"Look I wanna sincerely apologize to everybody", he wrote.
The Hardy's Return & Capture Raw Tag Team Titles At WrestleMania
Matt and Jeff Hardy made a shock appearance at Wrestlemania 33 as they entered a ladder match for the WWE tag-team championships. In the ensuing months, Lita and Edge were both frequently met with chants of "You screwed Matt" at shows.
The handler picked up the scared kangaroo and tried to make it engage with the music, but when the animal kicked its feet in protest, Epps stepped back, exclaiming, "I ain't f**king with that (sic)".
World Animal News tweeted, "Shame on you Mike Epps!".
It's illegal to own a kangaroo in Detroit, but according to the city's Animal Control, if the animal is from out of town, it falls under the jurisdiction of state and federal authorities to determine if any crime had been committed.
Jovan Stacks, the owner of the kangaroo, said the animal is part of his exotic zoo business.
Mike Epps attends the LA Premiere of "Keanu" held at ArcLight Cinerama Dome Theater in Los Angeles a year ago.
- The Voice final marred by stage invasion and Sir Tom Jones swearing
- Watford beat Sunderland 1-0 to ease EPL relegation concerns
- U.S. stock indexes wavering between small gains and losses
- New Day, WWE give a sneak peek at elaborate WrestleMania 33 set
- Lebanese PM urges world help to cope with refugee influx
- Fang Blennies Deter Predators With Opioid-Laced Bites
- Family of London attack victim Melissa Cochran says 'she's getting stronger'
- US boost sanctions pressure on NKorea over nuclear program
- Who gets to ask questions at the White House briefing?
- Braves Bullpen blows up in 7th inning, Atlanta drops Season Opener