Variety is reporting that Gold Circle Entertainment, the studio that helped produce Pitch Perfect, has acquired the rights to We Happy Few and is now in the early stages of developing the movie.
Dj2 CEO Dmitri Johnson also states that the studio's goal is to remain true to the game's source material.
Though it's still only in early access, dystopian survival title We Happy Few is already the subject of some big film plans. How well do you think it will translate into film? In the video game, players take the perspective of Arthur Hastings, a newspaper clerk that has stopped taking the mind-altering drug and begins to see the world for what it really is.
"We Happy Few" is set in an eerie and isolated English town during an alternate-1960s, where the government has imposed a drug-induced happiness to mask gruesome violence and hide a nefarious mystery. "Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you'll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who have their own set of not-so-normal rules".
United Kingdom police still think Westminster attacker acted alone
At birth, he was registered in Kent as Adrian Elms, but later took his stepfather's name becoming Adrian Ajao in childhood. Police have been searching an address in Birmingham's Winson Green area where Masood is thought to have been living.
Dj2 is also producing adaptations based on Sleeping Dogs and Sonic the Hedgehog.
"As a Brit and a fan of shows like The Prisoner, the game's social satire resonated with me", said Gold Circle's Paul Brooks.
Howard Bliss, head of business affairs at dj2 Entertainment, helped land the project at Gold Circle, and the two companies are seeking writers.
- Fang Blennies Deter Predators With Opioid-Laced Bites
- Braves Bullpen blows up in 7th inning, Atlanta drops Season Opener
- Yankees fall to Rays 7-3 in season opener
- Strong Storms Possible Friday
- Knicks' Derrick Rose (torn meniscus) out for season
- Trump talks up orders on trade, but neglects to sign them
- Chandrababu Naidu's son Lokesh takes oath as cabinet minister in Andhra Pradesh
- U.S. stock indexes wavering between small gains and losses
- Two killed in flooding as Cyclone Debbie wreaks havoc in Australia
- April Kicks Off With Wintry Mix of Snow and Sleet