Those anticipated savings are in addition to the annual $180 million to $220 million it announced in June.
"The Fifth Avenue store probably wasn't planned to be profitable to begin with and was used to raise awareness of the brand", said Chen Grazutis, an analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. That includes the Polo label. However, the restructuring moves will cost the company about $370 million, mainly from employee severance charges, lease termination fees and inventory related costs.
"The Polo brand remains strong, and we expect it to further strengthen as we continue to evolve the Polo product and marketing".
Ralph Lauren opened the flagship in mid-2014 after signing a lease the year before for a 15-year term that set the yearly rent at $25 million, real estate sources said. It's located a block away from Trump Tower, in the heart of a Fifth Avenue shopping district that has seen a downturn in foot traffic thanks to the added security, especially when President Donald Trump was in the city before his inauguration.
Ralph Lauren has struggled with declining sales and sharply reduced earnings in recent quarters.
TxDot launches "Talk, Text, Crash" campaign
Police handed out 60 tickets overall in Chilliwack for the month-long campaign and 36 of those were for distracted driving. Gray said Greenwich Police could could give out endless tickets for texting and driving and never do any other police work.
"We continue to review our store footprint in each market to ensure we have the right distribution and customer experience in place", Nielsen said.
"The decision will optimize our store portfolio in the NY area and allow us to focus on opportunities to pilot new and innovative customer experiences", she added.
Ralph Lauren is shuttering its high-profile Polo store on Fifth Avenue, less than three years after the retail space was opened.
Looking at new concepts, Ralph Lauren plans to dabble with its Ralph's Coffee model and other store formats.
The decisions come as part of the U.S. apparel giant's Way Forward Plan, created to restructure the business and build the brand to its full potential. Nielsen will drive the company's strategy until a new CEO is named.
- Fang Blennies Deter Predators With Opioid-Laced Bites
- Two killed in flooding as Cyclone Debbie wreaks havoc in Australia
- Family of London attack victim Melissa Cochran says 'she's getting stronger'
- Arsenal vs West Ham
- Belinda Biafore: Women's wage gap still a drag for them, families, economies
- The Hardy's Return & Capture Raw Tag Team Titles At WrestleMania
- Chandrababu Naidu's son Lokesh takes oath as cabinet minister in Andhra Pradesh
- Mike Epps sorry for dancing with kangaroo on Detroit stage
- US boost sanctions pressure on NKorea over nuclear program
- Maharashtra: Bhira records blistering 46.5 degrees Celsius, IMD raises doubts