Police handed out 60 tickets overall in Chilliwack for the month-long campaign and 36 of those were for distracted driving.
TxDot urges drivers to stay focused on the road.
Nearly one in four drivers were using a phone within a minute before a crash, which could include the moment the collision occurred, according to a study by a technology company that monitors driving habits. "We encourage everyone to take the IT CAN WAIT pledge - to keep your eyes on the road, not your phone - and help keep our roads safe".
According to Life360, MS drivers use their cell phone while driving an average of 2.56 times per drive.
Gray said Greenwich Police could could give out endless tickets for texting and driving and never do any other police work.
Trump grants US military more authority to attack
Those rules, known as the Presidential Policy Guidance, required high-level, interagency vetting of proposed strikes. USA officials denied that claim but said investigations into reports of civilian casualties were underway.
Always give driving your full attention. This is a 9 percent increase in fatalities as compared to the previous year.
The top 10 percent of distracted drivers were 2.3 times more likely to be in a crash than the average driver.
Sergeant Smyth said that distracted driving results quite often in rear end collisions, but the distractions are more than just cell phone.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, crashes involving distracted drivers killed 3,477 people and injured about 391,000 people in 2015. "We are hoping to go around to colleges and high schools around the state with a distracted driving stimulator to show the harm of it", said childhood friend of Mitchel Sheldon Wasik. "And you'll see influx of other state ads, like click it or ticket advising people it's inherently risky", said Traffic Sergeant Pat Smyth. "If you want to send a text and you have a passenger inside the vehicle have that person send the text for you", added Corporal Henry. Officers will enforce cell phone and texting laws as well as other Vehicle Code violations.
- Charley Hull falls out of contention at ANA Inspiration
- Maharashtra: Bhira records blistering 46.5 degrees Celsius, IMD raises doubts
- We Happy Few indie game to get a movie adaptation
- Baffert hoping Arrogate gives him 3rd Dubai World Cup win
- The Hardy's Return & Capture Raw Tag Team Titles At WrestleMania
- New Day, WWE give a sneak peek at elaborate WrestleMania 33 set
- Lebanese PM urges world help to cope with refugee influx
- Family of London attack victim Melissa Cochran says 'she's getting stronger'
- EU's Donald Tusk Lays Out Terms For 'Confrontational' Brexit Talks
- US boost sanctions pressure on NKorea over nuclear program