Unsurprisingly, Hyundai has maintained its tradition of naming its SUVs as popular tourist destination cities such the Santa Fe and Tucson in USA, Veracruz in Mexico and now the Kona in Hawaii (USA again). Although Hyundai has only released the above teaser image, the Kona's headlights look quite different than any other existing Hyundai model, hinting that it will usher in a new design language for the brand.
The Kona is described by Hyundai as a "true SUV", suggesting it'll have four-wheel drive and could share technology with the larger Hyundai Santa Fe.
The Hyundai Kona, a sporty new small SUV, has been confirmed ahead of its Aussie arrival in the second half of 2017.
Moto G5 arrives in India as Amazon exclusive with launch offers
The camera , on the other hand, doesn't totally look like the rear-facing dual snapper that appeared on the recent leaks . The Moto G5 comes with a 2,800 mAh battery while the G5 Plus packs 3,000 mAh battery juice.
All the brand will now say about the Kona is that it will be a B-segment SUV with a "progressive style that reflects the lifestyle of modern customers". Further details surrounding the Kona will be released in the coming months.
The automaker hasn't revealed specifications or final styling of the auto. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centres worldwide and in 2016 sold 4.86 million vehicles globally. The Kona was first introduced as the Intrado concept three years ago at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. That's all the information Hyundai will provide us with for now, but more is promised in the near future.
Hyundai has sold vehicles in the United Kingdom since 1982. Hyundai Motor UK employs more than 3,000 people through its UK operations and dealer network. The Kona will sit below the Tucson in Hyundai's global line-up and is expected to feature a turbo-petrol engine.
- Daily recess wins approval in Senate but faces fight in House
- Boeing Confirms Signing $3Bln Agreement Memorandum With Iranian Airline
- College Student Dies After Choking At Charity Pancake-Eating Competition
- TSG Hoffenheim 1-0 Bayern Munich
- Lesson Learned: Can Trump Build Consensus on Tax Cuts?
- Storylines: Seth Lugo has slight UCL tear
- Mel B accuses estranged husband of abuse in court filings
- Belinda Biafore: Women's wage gap still a drag for them, families, economies
- Louis CK: Trump is a 'gross, crook, dirty, rotten, lying sack...'
- Ralph Lauren to shut down Fifth Avenue Polo store