Unsurprisingly, Hyundai has maintained its tradition of naming its SUVs as popular tourist destination cities such the Santa Fe and Tucson in USA, Veracruz in Mexico and now the Kona in Hawaii (USA again). Although Hyundai has only released the above teaser image, the Kona's headlights look quite different than any other existing Hyundai model, hinting that it will usher in a new design language for the brand.
The Kona is described by Hyundai as a "true SUV", suggesting it'll have four-wheel drive and could share technology with the larger Hyundai Santa Fe.
The Hyundai Kona, a sporty new small SUV, has been confirmed ahead of its Aussie arrival in the second half of 2017.
Maharashtra: Bhira records blistering 46.5 degrees Celsius, IMD raises doubts
During last week of March, the mercury soared to new levels every day with Nashik witnessing record-breaking maximum temperatures. The national capital is also suffering blazing heat as the highest recorded temperature for Thursday in the city is 34 degrees.
All the brand will now say about the Kona is that it will be a B-segment SUV with a "progressive style that reflects the lifestyle of modern customers". Further details surrounding the Kona will be released in the coming months.
The automaker hasn't revealed specifications or final styling of the auto. Hyundai Motor has eight manufacturing bases and seven design & technical centres worldwide and in 2016 sold 4.86 million vehicles globally. The Kona was first introduced as the Intrado concept three years ago at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. That's all the information Hyundai will provide us with for now, but more is promised in the near future.
Hyundai has sold vehicles in the United Kingdom since 1982. Hyundai Motor UK employs more than 3,000 people through its UK operations and dealer network. The Kona will sit below the Tucson in Hyundai's global line-up and is expected to feature a turbo-petrol engine.
- TxDot launches "Talk, Text, Crash" campaign
- Boeing Confirms Signing $3Bln Agreement Memorandum With Iranian Airline
- Germany Proposes Bill That Would Fine Social Networks
- Moto G5 arrives in India as Amazon exclusive with launch offers
- More advertisers say they have ditched Fox's O'Reilly show
- US Cellular Offering Samsung Galaxy S8 For Free On A Simple Term
- Obama aide denies using intel to spy on Trump advisers
- Smith leads Pune chase to beat Mumbai in IPL opener
- Daily recess wins approval in Senate but faces fight in House
- South Carolina wins 1st national title, beats Miss