Hoffenheim secured their first win over Bayern Munich on Tuesday, as Andrej Kramaric's goal secured a deserved 1-0 triumph over the Bundesliga leaders at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
Bayern Munich suffered their second Bundesliga loss of the season against Hoffenheim and Ancelotti believes they were caught unawares by the club.
Following the Hoffenheim goal, Bayern Munich responded strongly with a number of chances against Hoffenheim goalkeeper Oliver Baumann.
Hoffenheim have taken four points off Bayern, having left the Allianz Arena with a 1-1 draw earlier in the campaign, and Nagelsmann compared their success to a recreational activity of which he was quick to point out he has no first-hand experience.
Second-placed RB Leipzig can now cut Bayern's lead at Mainz on Wednesday.
College Student Dies After Choking At Charity Pancake-Eating Competition
A university in CT is mourning the death of a 20-year-old student who died Sunday after apparently choking in a pancake-eating contest.
Kramaric's long-range strike midway through the first half proved enough for Hoffenheim to break their duck against the below-par champions at the 18th attempt. We did a much better job in the second half, we were more aggressive then.
With Neuer sidelined after foot surgery, Bayern's stand-in goalkeeper Sven Ulreich will face a Hoffenheim attack led by Sandro Wagner, who will play despite dislocating a finger in Friday's 3-1 win at Hertha Berlin.
Dortmund stayed fourth in the Champions League playoff place, a point behind Hoffenheim, while Hamburg - which was struggling with injuries - remained just a point above the relegation zone.
Dortmund gained momentum in the closing period and rounded off the game with a third goal when Aubameyang utilized Kagawa's through ball to round Hamburg goalie Rene Adler for the 25th goal of the season.
Jojic scored his second goal in two games after picking up David Abraham's header outside the box before driving a shot past Lukas Hradecky and into the net via a post eight minutes into the second half.
- More advertisers say they have ditched Fox's O'Reilly show
- Boeing Confirms Signing $3Bln Agreement Memorandum With Iranian Airline
- Belinda Biafore: Women's wage gap still a drag for them, families, economies
- TxDot launches "Talk, Text, Crash" campaign
- Braves Bullpen blows up in 7th inning, Atlanta drops Season Opener
- Dept. of Justice walkback won't impact deal made with Warren PD
- Daily recess wins approval in Senate but faces fight in House
- Mike Epps sorry for dancing with kangaroo on Detroit stage
- Arsenal vs West Ham
- With Messi back, Barcelona faces free-falling Sevilla