Pitcher Michael Pineda starred as the New York Yankees beat the Tampa Bay Rays 8-1 in their Major League Baseball home season opener.
New York Yankees starting pitcher Michael Pineda reacts after throwing a pitch during the sixth inning of the baseball game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Yankee Stadium, Monday, April 10, 2017, in New York. Judge hit an arching 397-foot home run an inning later to left-center - MLB's Statcast said it had an apogee of 147 feet. Pineda will be on the mound Monday for the Yankees, who hope his second start goes better than Wednesday's start in Tampa Bay.
NEW YORK (AP) Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda has a ideal game through six innings against the Tampa Bay Rays in New York's home opener. His biggest error came when Logan Morrison ripped a home run to centerfield in the eighth frame. Leading 2-0 at the time, Pineda then fanned Brad Miller.
Tampa Bay responded to Stewart's tweet after the flawless game was lost, saying: "fake news".
Jacoby Ellsbury and Matt Holliday added run-scoring doubles, while Chris Carter contributed an RBI double.
Ski industry sees another big consolidation with Aspen deal
Canadian Mountain Holidays, the largest heliskiing operation on Earth, will be acquired by the Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL, too. The deal is subject to regulatory approval; Intrawest says it expects to close the deal by the third quarter of this year.
"It's top of the seventh here at yankee stadium and the Yankees are pitching a flawless game versus the Tampa rays".
Over the course of 25 appearances last season, all of which were starts, he produced a 2.13 ERA alongside a 14-5 record.
For the Yankees, Aaron Judge, Chase Headley and Starlin Castro all homered in the win. Amassing a total of 139.1 innings of work across both levels, he also managed 134 strikeouts against 45 walks.
NOTES: Yankees C Gary Sanchez (strained right biceps), was slated for an MRI exam on Monday.
- Klopp wants Liverpool to copy Chelsea blueprint
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic makes hilarious comparison to movie character after Man United win
- Kane back to boost Tottenham's Premier League title bid
- Leicester City skipper Wes Morgan out of Everton trip with back injury
- Tidal Owner Jay-Z Pulls Every Album from Spotify, Apple Music
- Griezmann scores late as Atletico draws 1-1 at Real Madrid
- Hillary Clinton disagrees with Trump's reason for ordering airstrikes on Syria
- After Syria Attack, Tillerson Vows To Defend Innocents
- Kendrick Lamar's Big Tease Was For...His New Album's Release Date
- Air strike kills 18 in Syria's Idlib province, says Observatory