TAYLORS, S.C. (AP) Two bounce houses were lifted into the air by a gust of wind, sending five children to the hospital, SC authorities say.
As an update Sunday afternoon, Pastor Pearson wrote: 'To my knowledge, two children remain hospitalized, in stable condition, for the treatment of injuries sustained in yesterday's accident.
Springwell Church invites the community to attend its free spring carnival each year, but this year the carnival ended in tears, with church members asking for prayer.
The children were in at least one of the bounce houses at Springwell Church, witnesses said.
In May 2014, two boys from upstate NY were hurt after falling almost two stories when a gust of wind swept up the inflatable bounce house they were playing in, police said.
"They looked really hurt", he said, adding that he didn't think there were any children that were in the inflatable that flew into the power lines.
Yankees Michael Pineda turns in sparkler in home-opener win
Pineda will be on the mound Monday for the Yankees, who hope his second start goes better than Wednesday's start in Tampa Bay. Judge hit an arching 397-foot home run an inning later to left-center - MLB's Statcast said it had an apogee of 147 feet.
Taylors Fire Department Battalion Chief Rickey Reed confirmed that the stakes in the ground initially secured the inflatables, but weren't enough to stand up to the gust of wind that came through.
German also indicated that when it fell back down, it made an audible noise and the power momentarily failed.
They say an unexpected wind gust lifted the bounce house and carried it onto power lines. "There's no telling what would have happened".
Uniformed off-duty deputies were able to respond before fire crews arrived, Reed said.
- During border visit, AG Sessions outlines immigration plan
- Hacking Nintendo's Switch could score you $20000
- AL Supreme Court: Bentley impeachment hearings can proceed Monday
- Hijacked ship with Filipino crew rescued
- Taiwan bans sale, consumption of dog and cat meat
- Efe wins Big Brother Naija reality show
- Celebrations as Grand National victor returns home
- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Leicester City skipper Wes Morgan out of Everton trip with back injury
- Air strike kills 18 in Syria's Idlib province, says Observatory