TAYLORS, S.C. (AP) Two bounce houses were lifted into the air by a gust of wind, sending five children to the hospital, SC authorities say.
As an update Sunday afternoon, Pastor Pearson wrote: 'To my knowledge, two children remain hospitalized, in stable condition, for the treatment of injuries sustained in yesterday's accident.
Springwell Church invites the community to attend its free spring carnival each year, but this year the carnival ended in tears, with church members asking for prayer.
The children were in at least one of the bounce houses at Springwell Church, witnesses said.
In May 2014, two boys from upstate NY were hurt after falling almost two stories when a gust of wind swept up the inflatable bounce house they were playing in, police said.
"They looked really hurt", he said, adding that he didn't think there were any children that were in the inflatable that flew into the power lines.
Ruff not returning as Stars coach after missing playoffs
Ruff, 57, joined the Stars prior to the 2013-14 season and reached the playoffs in his first season with the team. Time and time again this season, Colorado has managed to play completely ineffective hockey in the first period.
Taylors Fire Department Battalion Chief Rickey Reed confirmed that the stakes in the ground initially secured the inflatables, but weren't enough to stand up to the gust of wind that came through.
German also indicated that when it fell back down, it made an audible noise and the power momentarily failed.
They say an unexpected wind gust lifted the bounce house and carried it onto power lines. "There's no telling what would have happened".
Uniformed off-duty deputies were able to respond before fire crews arrived, Reed said.
- Easter quirk holds back March inflation rate
- AIMPLB vice-president's statement on triple talaq his 'personal view': Muslim cleric
- Celebrations as Grand National victor returns home
- Hijacked ship with Filipino crew rescued
- Ski industry sees another big consolidation with Aspen deal
- Hacking Nintendo's Switch could score you $20000
- Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors
- Man who killed wife at California school called her 'angel'
- GOP owns health care dilemma now, and voter skepticism
- Rose, Garcia Tied for Lead at Masters in Prelude to Finale