TAYLORS, S.C. (AP) Two bounce houses were lifted into the air by a gust of wind, sending five children to the hospital, SC authorities say.
As an update Sunday afternoon, Pastor Pearson wrote: 'To my knowledge, two children remain hospitalized, in stable condition, for the treatment of injuries sustained in yesterday's accident.
Springwell Church invites the community to attend its free spring carnival each year, but this year the carnival ended in tears, with church members asking for prayer.
The children were in at least one of the bounce houses at Springwell Church, witnesses said.
In May 2014, two boys from upstate NY were hurt after falling almost two stories when a gust of wind swept up the inflatable bounce house they were playing in, police said.
"They looked really hurt", he said, adding that he didn't think there were any children that were in the inflatable that flew into the power lines.
GOP owns health care dilemma now, and voter skepticism
Opponents not only appeared among the Democratic members of the chamber, but all over the House Republican Conference. This will all play out in the upcoming tax and budget battles that will extend through the summer and beyond.
Taylors Fire Department Battalion Chief Rickey Reed confirmed that the stakes in the ground initially secured the inflatables, but weren't enough to stand up to the gust of wind that came through.
German also indicated that when it fell back down, it made an audible noise and the power momentarily failed.
They say an unexpected wind gust lifted the bounce house and carried it onto power lines. "There's no telling what would have happened".
Uniformed off-duty deputies were able to respond before fire crews arrived, Reed said.
- Ski industry sees another big consolidation with Aspen deal
- During border visit, AG Sessions outlines immigration plan
- AIMPLB vice-president's statement on triple talaq his 'personal view': Muslim cleric
- Air strike kills 18 in Syria's Idlib province, says Observatory
- Burger King's Whopper gets prank Wikipedia edits in ad gag
- BlackBerry awarded $815 million over royalties dispute with Qualcomm
- Microsoft Office Zero-Day Used to Push Dridex Banking Trojan
- Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors
- Google blocks invasive Burger King ad
- California Strikes Deal with Truckers to Hike Fuel Tax