The companies had agreed to go to arbitration to resolve the question of whether a Qualcomm Inc. royalty cap program applied to BlackBerry Inc.'s non-refundable royalty prepayments for sales of. While the specific details of the agreements are unclear, the arbitration decision seems to support the notion that Qualcomm does at times overcharge for royalties.
BlackBerry has won $815 million in an arbitration battle against Qualcomm over royalty payments, the company said today.
Get great content delivered straight to your inbox every morning Monday-Friday at 8:00am, just a click away, Sign Up Now.
Blackberry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY), the mobile phone giant, stepped out of the shadows on Wednesday, to reveal it had been awarded an eye popping $814.9mln following arbitration. The news comes almost a year after the two companies agreed to arbitrate a dispute over royalties in April 2016. The company has recently shifted their focus from producing smartphones to software and they have a range of new security-focused products. They were fighting over whether Blackberry's royalties to Qualcomm should be included in an agreement that caps some licensing payments.
Leicester City skipper Wes Morgan out of Everton trip with back injury
Thirty seconds in and Everton were ahead through Davies, who owed a debt of gratitude to referee Robert Madley. The Belgian striker has hit 10 goals in his last six league games at Goodison Park.
It is the settlement of a case against Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) for royalty overpayments.
Each license agreement is unique, and Qualcomm had inked a much broader "business cooperation" agreement with Apple that was much more complex and covered a wider range of issues. It has since resumed and shares are up more than 10 percent.
Apple later filed its own $1 billion lawsuit against Qualcomm (and subsequent suits in two other countries) over royalties for basic patents, claiming that Qualcomm forced it to pay excessive fees and withheld almost $1 billion "as retaliation for responding truthfully to law [South Korean] enforcement agencies investigating them".
- National Football League probes casino arm wrestling event
- Easter quirk holds back March inflation rate
- Griezmann scores late as Atletico draws 1-1 at Real Madrid
- Hillary Clinton disagrees with Trump's reason for ordering airstrikes on Syria
- CNN's Jake Tapper Flings Refugee Contradiction At Ivanka Trump's Pro-Strike Tweet
- California Strikes Deal with Truckers to Hike Fuel Tax
- Google blocks invasive Burger King ad
- Children rights activist, Malala conferred with highest UN honour
- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) Experiencing Unusual Activity Mid-day
- Hijacked ship with Filipino crew rescued